Another One Bites The Dust, to the 358 FS Lobos

Tulsa

Our Squadron got inactivated today, how was your day?

Tulsa

I understand the 47th is standing up in the building and assuming the iron on the ramp; they have their own people, or is the 45th dropping its associate role and morphing into the 47th?

Sorry to hear about the closure. Was a Dragons grad back in the day myself.

Curiously, how was the Lobos picked over the Dragons? Any particular rhyme or reason?

Edited by MD

Curiously, how was the Lobos picked over the Dragons? Any particular rhyme or reason?

They shut down 2 squadrons when I was a Luke. We were told squadrons were picked based on some kind of historical "point system." Basically, the squadrons that didn't see as much combat, shot down fewer planes, etc... got the axe. Not sure if there is any thruth to that, but it sounded good at the time.

Now what for you?

They crammed about 69 of us into the 357th and about 47 into the reserve squadron. So we're getting our one sortie a week or so until the next VML thins the herd out a bit. Lucky to still be flying, but moseying out to Randolph in a few weeks to crush students in the 435th. Say what you will about IFF, but it is a blessing to be in a flying gig and one hell of a sunset tour before doing a touch and go at 20 years.

Edited by Tulsa
  • Upvote 1

Seems like Luke is going through the same thing only worse, even if somebody in another thread didn't believe me, too bad. I thought I'd never say it, but at least you'll get air under your ass.

Did the proposal to transfer two FTU squadrons from Luke to Holloman ever follow through?