Deployed again....from my deployment?

Flare

Are you saying your TDY history is incorrect or the 172 days?

I am an Enabler so YMMV. On the vMPF homepage, top center I have an IDT counter. Top part explains my AEF bucket (Enabler) and bottom part has three values. First value is Individual Dwell Time(IDT). Mine lists 69 days which is length of my last deployment; not a joke. Next, IDT Expiration date is listed. Mine lists 1 Sept 2013, which is 69 days from my last completed deployment. The last value is IDT Counter, which shows 180 days. This is the length of my current deployment. These numbers may change for AEF cycles. Compare your experience to the data and hopefully, something logical falls out.

Thank you for the explanation. I've been on a 1:1 dwell for just shy of 10 years, so my numbers are definitely incorrect. Will attempt to get records fixed when I return from current deployment.

Is IDT only an AEF factor or does it somehow play into your 365 ITDY as well.

It should be for both.

On top of that, STRD is used to determine whose ticket APFC pulls for 179s. The OP probably doesn't have a STRD or an AEF return date loaded yet, so all those indicators are making him hot for a 179. Garbage in, garbage out.

The IDT dwell counter is relatively new and shouldn't be used for shit other than your own bewilderment.

That thing was just counting and on this deployment, just continues to count...

Is there some sort of implication here that AFPC is looking at this to make decisions?

Bendy

When did AFPC start making decisions on 179's? Typically, the AEF center/AFPC tasks a MAJCOM with the 179. It is sent to a Wing and they determine which Group/Squadron gets the tasking. The squadron commander ultimately is responsible to task the individual. Not saying that the Sq/CC and other CC's are not discussing who should/should not go, but that is how it worked at my Wing. YMMV.

The 1:1 thing doesn't necessarily protect you for 365 days after your current 365. Rules changed a year or so ago. If the 365 is in CENTCOM and the next one returns you to CENTCOM, then the 1:1 dwell applies. However, an individual can return from a CENTCOM 365 and be tasked for an AEF (to a non-CENTCOM location) after 6-months. This was to put 365's and remote returnees on a level playing field. I am still looking for the press release/AFI/policy on it. Your deployment folks and/or EFSS should be able to pull the policy or they can get it from AFFOR/A1.

When did AFPC start making decisions on 179's? Typically, the AEF center/AFPC tasks a MAJCOM with the 179. It is sent to a Wing and they determine which Group/Squadron gets the tasking. The squadron commander ultimately is responsible to task the individual. Not saying that the Sq/CC and other CC's are not discussing who should/should not go, but that is how it worked at my Wing. YMMV.

The 1:1 thing doesn't necessarily protect you for 365 days after your current 365. Rules changed a year or so ago. If the 365 is in CENTCOM and the next one returns you to CENTCOM, then the 1:1 dwell applies. However, an individual can return from a CENTCOM 365 and be tasked for an AEF (to a non-CENTCOM location) after 6-months. This was to put 365's and remote returnees on a level playing field. I am still looking for the press release/AFI/policy on it. Your deployment folks and/or EFSS should be able to pull the policy or they can get it from AFFOR/A1.

It has been that way since at least 2011. McConnell tanker guys deployed to CENTCOM for 2 months, home for a week or two, and deployed to LEMO for OUP. After 2 or 3 months there, they were home for a couple weeks and back to CENTCOM for another 2 month deployment. The 1:1 dwell was never violated...