Pandora / VPN problems for anyone else?

Flare

I are not computer smart, so I thought I'd see if anyone else is having the same issue.

Currently deployed to a sandy location, so I'm a frequent user of VPN to gain access to Netflix, Pandora, and other blocked websites. About a week ago, Pandora stopped working, giving me the restricted/"no worky in your country" memo. Netflix still works fine (doesn't when I turn the VPN off) and so do the other webpages, so the issue doesn't seem to be the VPN (I use hotspot shield). Anyone else having problems Pandora (or not having problems with Pandora), or did Pandora start blocking known VPN IP addresses?

As I type this, one of my roomates is blaring tunes from Pandora, and I'm in the usual sandy location for my airframe.

Must be a local thing, maybe the Comm folks are getting wise to the workarounds?

For Google Voice...if you have a smartphone/ipad, while you're still in the states get a google phone number. Get the Talkatone app for your phone and login to your google account with it. Now, wherever in the world you are that you have wifi, you have a phone number that can call/be called/text just like a normal phone.

Talkatone improves the native Google Voice app by letting you call/text over WiFi or data whereas the Google Voice app requires cell minutes. The fact that Talkatone does not require cell minutes means you can make calls even when you don’t have cell coverage, turn your iPad/iPod into a phone and make free calls from abroad etc ...

Talkatone improves the native Google Voice app by letting you call/text over WiFi or data whereas the Google Voice app requires cell minutes. The fact that Talkatone does not require cell minutes means you can make calls even when you don't have cell coverage, turn your iPad/iPod into a phone and make free calls from abroad etc ...

Also Google Voice cost money to make international calls. For the Record just set mine up tonight after reading this (currently OCONUS) and Talkatone works great.