FWQ for helos

mcrib

Saw the prior posts on FWQ but am curious what the current status is? Got a fellow switching Army helos to AF helos(reserve) and per the recent AFI he would still need to attend phase II T6s followed by MWS helo school. Anybody know how that works? He's over 30 so is it considered FWQ still or UPT or what? Age waiver required? What base is conducting this training? XL?

He shouldn't have to go through fixed wing at all. The Air Force will more than likely transfer his pilot rating from the Army and then send him directly through HH-60 initial qual out at Kirtland. Even if by some chance the AFI did say he needed to go through T-6's (I'd like to see that reg), I'm sure it will get waived.

Saw a prior army helo dude show up at UPT not long before I PCSd. Bubba rolled in the door with 2Lt rank & senior pilot wings, the guy was a walking aneurysm generator everywhere he went.

Was he guard/reserves? If so, what aircraft was he going to?

Copy. Sounds like good news. With rumors of FWQ going away and other BS rules for prior Army guys I was getting worried. So Army to AF helo pipeline alive and well. A 135 guy is in the pipeline? So I guess FWQ is still open for business? Good to know.