FAA Shuts Down at Midnight Tonight!

discus

Yeah, nope. This shutdown only affects the NexGen implementation stuff, facility renovations and construction projects, etc. Only 4,000 employees are affected, like architects, people like that.

The operational pay comes from a different budget. The age old 'different pot of money.'

• 2 weeks later...

Government Losses to Top $1 Billion After Congress Fails to Reach Deal on FAA.

I heard the government had tons of money so losing out on a billion bucks shouldn't be a big deal; not even worth a continuing resolution. Plus unemployment is almost non-existent, so I'm sure all the construction workers who can't work on airport projects will find a bunch of other stuff to build.

Dysfunctional government, exhibit B.

Government Losses to Top $1 Billion After Congress Fails to Reach Deal on FAA.

I heard the government had tons of money so losing out on a billion bucks shouldn't be a big deal; not even worth a continuing resolution. Plus unemployment is almost non-existent, so I'm sure all the construction workers who can't work on airport projects will find a bunch of other stuff to build.

Dysfunctional government, exhibit B.

It's a fvcking game to most of the current legislators. The shenanigans and brinksmanship now seem to have become the god damn status quo. I don't think anything will change until something happens that does immediate and catastrophic damage to our country. I fear for that.