MD-88 'hard landing' at ATL

contraildash

Looked liked a blown tire and/or brake fire. Either way, what caught my attention was the fact that numerous people were evacuating the jet with their luggage.

WTF?

I'm sorry, if I'm evacuating from a jet that's on fire...I'm not stopping to grab shit.

Fox News Link

Edited by contraildash

I was jumpseating on Delta when the MD-88 left rear brake locked up in ATL.

Are there front brakes on Mad Dogs now??

Sorry, had to do it...

Edited by JarheadBoom

Are there front brakes on Mad Dogs now??

Yeah, and if you only squeeze the front brakes, the plane flips over.

• Upvote 2

Looked liked a blown tire and/or brake fire. Either way, what caught my attention was the fact that numerous people were evacuating the jet with their luggage.

WTF?

I'm sorry, if I'm evacuating from a jet that's on fire...I'm not stopping to grab shit.

Fox News Link

It's a psychology thing. People under that amount of stress and confusion act irrationally by trying to act normal. They default to what they know by gathering their familiar belongings and exiting the plane. There are people holding coats and bags standing on the wings of a jet in the Hudson river. Some survivors of United 232 were found walking around in the field, severely burned, carrying their luggage.

Interesting stuff if you're into that sort of thing; or if you need a topic for an ERAU master's paper.

It's a psychology thing. People under that amount of stress and confusion act irrationally by trying to act normal. They default to what they know by gathering their familiar belongings and exiting the plane. There are people holding coats and bags standing on the wings of a jet in the Hudson river. Some survivors of United 232 were found walking around in the field, severely burned, carrying their luggage.

Interesting stuff if you're into that sort of thing; or if you need a topic for an ERAU master's paper.

Did you write such a paper? Actually makes sense.