The Yemen Situation

Guest AFsock

Guest AFsock

Violence intensifies after the shooting of 40+ protestors, Yemeni Generals join revolutionary forces (along with deploying their soldiers/tanks in the capital), President Ali Abdullah Saleh fires his cabinet before they can resign. Looks like our Al Qaeda fighting ally in Yemen is on his way out - http://theweek.com/article/index/213378/a-military-coup-in-yemen

Did a search, didn't see it posted anywhere else. Verbally berate me/delete if I'm wrong...

Edit - Speeling

Edited by AFsock

Yemen: "I can see Somalia from my house."

It isn't really the 'garden spot' of the Arabian Peninsula - a region not really known for being a 'garden spot' in general, but with all of the built in problems that could make the "worst case scenario" in Libya look like square one in Yemen.

If Al Qaeda and everything historically that led to it has a natural backyard, as much as anywhere else, this is it.

(Good call, Lockheed, corrected...)

Edited by MKopack

Looks like our Al Queda fighting ally in Yemen is on his way out

If Al Queda and everything historically that led to it has a natural backyard, as much as anywhere else, this is it.

Normally I'm not a spelling Nazi, and I understand there is no real approved Arabic-to-English standard spellings, but there are like three threads on here where dudes are spelling Al Qaeda with a "u" and it's weirding me out.

Guest AFsock

It was 1am here, q-u is just a habit, my AF issued keys stuck... but I ran out of excused and fixed it for ya.

Edited by AFsock