Permenant RPA schoolhouse starts first class

Anybody recently been to IFS that knows what their two month long program entails? Do they get their full PPL?

When I went through a few years ago pilot-selects were only there for a month and navs only like three weeks. Just curiuos as to what they do the extra month since I had heard part of the limitations of a RPA only career field is that they weren't able to fly them in the US because of FAA rules that they didn't have their license or something.

Anybody recently been to IFS that knows what their two month long program entails? Do they get their full PPL?

When I went through a few years ago pilot-selects were only there for a month and navs only like three weeks. Just curiuos as to what they do the extra month since I had heard part of the limitations of a RPA only career field is that they weren't able to fly them in the US because of FAA rules that they didn't have their license or something.

• Upvote 1

open the fuking floodgates and get the pipeline flowing!!!

If only FTU can catch up.....current wait is like 6 months.

I selflessly volunteer to begin a new era of Cradle to Ops Unit training. I will make the sacrifice to move my family from Clovis to San Antonio, then, train those mofo's fast and effectively, then go to Creech with them to help with manning at the 11RS, all the while providing fantastic training! Live in San Antonio, regular TDYs to Vegas...I can do it. Everyone would benefit, quick I need to sell this to someone so they can say no, then use the idea 6 months form now as their own, then send other folks not as qualified to go accomplish the task. It's foolproof!

I need to sell this to someone so they can say no, then use the idea 6 months from now as their own, then send other folks not as qualified to go accomplish the task. It's foolproof!

A prime example of how the Service before Self concept is applied by today's AF leadership.

But at the same time Truman said it best, "It is amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit."

open the fuking floodgates and get the pipeline flowing!!!

They have plenty of people willing, 789 applicants (ROTC), only 60 slots. Not sure how many of those are also competing for Pilot/CSO/ABM though.

I know this could have gone in the RPA section, but I thought it was pertinent reply to nrodgsxr's post.