Home Brewing Beer

Whitty

• 2 weeks later...

I like this company too: http://www.midwestsu...tarter-kit.html

Theye cheaper than the first one I suggested.

Either way you're gonna need to get a boil pot. Splurge now and get a 40 qt stainless brew pot. save your money and frustration and DO NOT buy aluminum. The benefit of starting with the larger pot is that when you transition to all grain brewing you'll already have a pot large enough to handle that process.

You will also need a thermometer. If you already have a kitchen one that you cook with, that'll be just fine.

Livingsocial (Groupon competitor for those who are not married) has a deal on the Midwest starter package right now. It looks like it is the same starter package recommended here, but it also includes a $25 coupon for a future recipe kit. The kit goes for $126 on their website, and the Livingsocial groupon is selling it for only $67 bucks. I think I am finally going to splurge and get this kit - it sounds like a pretty good deal.

Also, looks like Amazon has a good 40-quart stainless steel pot w/ Amazon Prime for a lot less than the Midwest Supplies website sells them for. Oh, and it looks like the kit comes with a thermometer, so the only extra things you have to buy will be the pot and bottles (or save your own.)

If anyone is planning on buying this livingsocial deal, PM me so I can forward you the link and possibly get it for free :drinking::beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Today is the last day for this deal through Livingsocial. I got my kit in the other day, and it is pretty sweet. I also ordered the 40qt stainless steel pot from Amazon. The kit is a pretty awesome deal for $63 ($125 regular on their website) considering all of the equipment it comes with, plus one recipe kit, plus a $25 gift certificate for another recipe kit. If anyone else orders it, PM me for my code.