DLAB

Guest Jacksonholer

Guest Jacksonholer

Does anyone out there know anything about the DLAB and how to help yourself achieve a good score? Any info would be appreciated.

Well, I know it was incredibly difficult. As for how to get a good score, I guess you could make up your own language and practice with that! Seriously though, if your good with languages, as in you speak a couple, then you won't have too much trouble. They teach you a couple words and a bit of syntax, then say like four sentences and you have to pick out which one is grammatically correct. Or you have to interpret it. It's been a while, but I remember while taking it I was thinking "WTF?". I guess I did pretty good, they said I qualified for any of the programs at DLI, but of course I wanted to fly. If you can find any books on it (I've never seen any, but then again I haven't looked) then obviously get them. Otherwise there's not a whole lot you can do to "practice". Good luck though!! :confused:

• 3 years later...

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I am indeed reviving a 4 year old thread . . .

I need to sign up for this test soon and was wondering if anyone had any tips for making a good score. I understand the basic rules for the test, but I'm curious if there is any way I can prep my brain for it.

Anyone? . . .

Guest Jollygreen

Wow...now that is a resurrection.

A google search quickly pointed to this:

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dlab.htm

I've taken the test and it is simply a series of rules taught and then tested. First one rule and a quick test, then a second is added and another test, a third, and finally a fourth. The training/test is via recorded voice, not written.

I tend to agree with the assessment in the link above. There really is no way to "study" since there is nothing to memorize.

Many who have to take it - since a DLAB score can be a requirement for some - intentionally tank it to keep from being assigned a DATT or DATT staff job. Can't blame them.