ABU Parka?

Archa3opt3ryx

It's starting to get cold up here in NY...anyone know where I can pick up a good ABU parka/field jacket/whatever they're called? Most of the ones I've seen are like $180...anyone know if there are cheaper ones out there?

Also, can you wear an ACU-patterned jacket over the ABUs? I can't seem to find any regs for ABU wear...

It's starting to get cold up here in NY...anyone know where I can pick up a good ABU parka/field jacket/whatever they're called? Most of the ones I've seen are like $180...anyone know if there are cheaper ones out there?

Also, can you wear an ACU-patterned jacket over the ABUs? I can't seem to find any regs for ABU wear...

If you don't want to spend the money, just wear some longjohns or a sweater underneath. The parka does very little for keeping warm anyway.

If you don't want to spend the money, just wear some longjohns or a sweater underneath. The parka does very little for keeping warm anyway.

True, it's more of a windbreaker/raincoat than a cold weather jacket.

However, if you can find an old field jacket liner and someone to sew the buttons into the parka for you (wife or girlfriend preferably, but any alterations shop will do); it makes the jacket much more useful in cold weather. I did that with the old Gortex BDU parka and was amazed at how much warmer it was...