AFSO 21 and TWAT

Vetter

Kandahar Airmen Use AFSO 21 at War

"After a brief Lean training session, the team proceeded to inventory all of the items in the shelter essential to the A-10 phase inspection operation and segregate the things they did not need or use. Once finished, the team straightened the area and gave it a good cleaning by sweeping the floors and turning in unneeded items to supply."

Okay, so they clean up after themselves and call it AFSO 21? Way to go dudes! I'm going to clean up my work area tomorrow and add it to my OPR fodder!

Kandahar Airmen Use AFSO 21 at War

"After a brief Lean training session, the team proceeded to inventory all of the items in the shelter essential to the A-10 phase inspection operation and segregate the things they did not need or use. Once finished, the team straightened the area and gave it a good cleaning by sweeping the floors and turning in unneeded items to supply."

Okay, so they clean up after themselves and call it AFSO 21? Way to go dudes! I'm going to clean up my work area tomorrow and add it to my OPR fodder!

Great. Apparently there must be nothing else to report. It's a "little" ridiculous when implied tasks become newsworthy. At least it gave us something to bitch about.

Don't for get the "successfully wiped own ass" bullet.

Kandahar Airmen use AFSO 21 at war

by Lt. Col. David Glass

451st Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron

There you have it. AMXS/CC that telling everyone what a great cleaning job his peeps did would motivate the bunch. And in standard style, spicing the whole thing up with buzzwords like AFSO 21, "rapid improvement event", and "6S," makes it sound much more important than it truly is. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts them all in for an award. Glad that they're all exceeding at things my mom taught me to do when I was six.

Oh yeah, and foul on Af.mil for printing that drivel.

Oh yeah, and foul on Af.mil for printing that drivel.

2. There's a fucking war going on and they print some garbage about dudes cleaning up their shit?!? It's cool though, apparently I just got done AFSO21-ing my desk. It was pretty messy.

After a brief Lean training session, the team proceeded to inventory all of the items in the shelter essential to the A-10 phase inspection operation and segregate the things they did not need or use. Once finished, the team straightened the area and gave it a good cleaning by sweeping the floors and turning in unneeded items to supply.

I wonder if "straightening" and "sweeping" were covered under the same Value Stream Analysis as "inventorying" and "segregating". Probably had two different teams to assess the benefits of each component of the operation and then had an integration meeting the week prior.

That's what I'd do.