Being the SRO at SERE

Ram

Keep the good advice comin' (sts).

Don't play the so-to-speak game. Only a few people will get it and it'll just make you look like an immature ass in front of your Es.

Don't wear a shirt that says: "I'm a viper pilot who the fvck are you?" That ended poorly for one not so bright guy in my class.

Don't get excited. Just keep cool and you'll be just fine. If you get excited, so will everyone who's watching you for guidance.

Don't wear a shirt that says: "I'm a viper pilot who the fvck are you?" That ended poorly for one not so bright guy in my class.

Some guy really did that? Man, seems like an easy way to bring the pain to yourself.

My SRO had the attitude I believe is probably the best bet for SERE. He treated it just like you would have to should you find yourself in a real world scenario: You don't want this role, you didn't seek out for it to happen or aspire to it. But now it's happening, and you are the one that has to do it, so you do it right.

He took care of the group, communicated and did it the way it's supposed to be done.

Don't forget the flip side of the coin - there will be females to torture you. Get used to that concept now if you're the type who'll have issues with it...

That was the beauty of it all. I had a chance to share a beer with the female that "stressed my carcass" when it was over.

Use the icebreaker that is handed to you and go with it.