Legend of Quijibo

Truman

Does anyone know the story behind the Legend of Quijibo? Its a zap that shows up all over. He's been zapped all over the world. Story I heard was he was a Herk pilot at Yokota named after Bart's made-up Scrabble word on the Simpsons. Anyone care to expand on this?

Guest Hydro130

Yes... LOL... I have not seen this zap, but I knew Quijibo. If you want more info PM me; it wouldn't be appropriate to talk about the dude on the public boards without him being around to defend himself, for lack of a better term. He's still Active Duty, AFAIK. I don't have any great stories or anything, just may be able to explain some generalities behind the legend.

FWIW, I never heard the Bart Scrabble explanation, but that's a good of one as any.

Cheers, Hydro

EDIT: Clarification

[ 08. December 2006, 09:48: Message edited by: Hydro130 ]

Guest Hydro130

"Quijibo" is less harsh than the other twist on his name which is what I knew him better as. He should be happy with "Quijibo".

Cheers, Hydro

EDIT: M2, thanks! Yep, his other "name" isn't quite that nice.

[ 08. December 2006, 10:39: Message edited by: Hydro130 ]

• 4 years later...
Guest Crew Report

That or a boomer named Mike Cahill...

Prior Grand Forks Boom who retired a few years ago. Better than the :rainbow: tanker "Reed Brothers" stickers everywhere.

Guest Crew Report

I see those in the strangest places....as in...how'd they get into this field?

Both of them did staff jobs in USAFE (in fact one brother replaced the other brother in the same staff job).

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

“Quijibo on the loose” with a picture of a guy on the sticker. The origin of the word is from an episode of the Simpsons (“large,balding, North American ape....with a short temper.”). Would really like to know what the story is behind the sticker that showed up all over the world. Oh, and would REALLY like to see a photo of the sticker.