Global SA

F-15E WSO

I wish I was making this up. From the Newport News, VA Daily Press newspaper, the following in the Letters to the Editor.

Man, people don't know how good they've got it. This partly infuriates me, but putting it in perspective more makes me laugh.

---------------------------------

Disrespect for victims

At noon on April 20, when people all across the state were gathered for a time of remembrance and memorial for the victims of the Virginia Tech shootings, aircraft from Langley Air Force Base were flying extremely noisy exercises. The loud noise significantly disrupted the solemn ceremony that NASA Langley Research Center was trying to conduct. The person or persons responsible for the irresponsible, disrespectful and inexcusable decision to conduct the flight exercise owes the community a public apology.

Michael Holloway

Yorktown

Daily Press

--------------------------------

Those ass holes, how dare they conduct training at their base! They even had the audacity to fly around in loud mode making all kinds of noise. I sure hope that at my funeral people aren't up in the air defending our freedom, that would piss me off.

Guest Rainman A-10

All I can say is if there is ever a memorial ceremony held for me I hope every jet in the USAF feels free to fly over at 100'.

In fact, I'll cast an open invitation for that very thing right now.

Bring it.

All I can say is if there is ever a memorial ceremony held for me I hope every jet in the USAF feels free to fly over at 100'.

In fact, I'll cast an open invitation for that very thing right now.

Bring it.

And I'll add that every airlift aircraft is welcome as well. :thumbsup:

I almost forgot..."Hey, Michael Holloway of Yorktown :flipoff: "

Edited by HerkFE

Guest Rainman A-10

My first commander back in helos used a similar line on a chronic noise complainer. He was walking past the ops desk when the Top 3 was trying to calm the lunatic down. He grabbed the phone, announced himself as the commander and said "Excuse me sir, but were they Russian helicopters? No? Are you absolutely positive? OK, then you're welcome."

He got the standing O from the entire squadron for that one. The guy never called back.