63rd FS jets CCIP?

Flare

Right now the only squadron with CCIP jets running B-coursers through is the 308th, the first class to fly them graduates next week and the second class is getting ready for their first flights. I think the 310th has them also but they don't have any B-course studs. As far as who is next and when, I don't know that answer for sure but the cool toys aren't always of use, i.e. the HMCS is not used by studs at any point and the datalink isn't used to its full capacity either, but the color MFDs and the EHSI is an improvement I suppose. If you have any more questions just let me know. I can ask around (I am at Luke) to find out who is next if you really want/need to know.

Ok, only a controller, err, ABM, here, so I don't know my place, but might I suggest you ixnay on caps and lims in open source?

Believe it or not, there are countries out there with real Air Forces that might like to know all the beeps and squeeks of what works and what doesn't.

Or is that just some old SAC security neurons suddenly and randomly firing?

From open sources on the internet....

The program involves the installation of a new avionics suite and encompasses numerous components, including a new mission computer, color displays, an enhanced horizontal situation indicator, and an air-to-air interrogator for Block 50/52 aircraft allowing beyond line-of-site use of the AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air- to-Air Missile.

Other key CCIP elements include a Link-16 capability with the Multifunctional Information Distribution System to increase pilot situational awareness and communication among coalition partner aircraft; the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System enabling first-look, first-shot capability and high over-the-shoulder engagement with the AIM-9X missile; and dual carriage capability of the High-Speed Anti-Radar Missile Targeting System and Advanced Targeting Pod.

Kit installation is unfolding in various phases, with the latest 91 scheduled for integration on Block 40/42 aircraft during Fiscal Year 2008. Presently, 245 out of 252 Block 50/52 F-16s have received the CCIP modification.

"The CCIP program reached a milestone in February with the delivery of the first F-16 Block 40/42 jets to Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.," said Maj. Reginald Festejo, CCIP program manager. "The upgrades are done at the depot at Hill Air Force Base, Utah. As the Block 50/52 CCIP upgrades are scheduled for completion in May, the depot will continue to ramp up deliveries of Block 40/42 jets to the field.

"This is the final phase of the CCIP upgrades, where approximately 400 Block 40/42 jets will be upgraded with completion scheduled for 2010."

F-16 units receiving CCIP installation are located in the continental United States and within Pacific Air Forces and U.S. Air Forces in Europe. The CCIP modifications are scheduled tightly around each unit's deployment cycles.

The new computer replaces three large avionic units; provides increased processing power and room needed for new capabilities; reduces the overall weight, volume, and cooling requirements for the avionics system; and improves maintainability and reliability. The color displays enhance situational awareness. Pilots can discriminate threats, friendly forces, and unknowns with a glance. The interrogator/ transponder improves the pilot’s situational awareness, especially when employing beyond visual range missiles, namely the AIM-120 AMRAAM. The targeting pod adds a precision strike capability to Block 50/52 F-16s. The BRU-57 allows the F-16 to carry four (instead of two) inertially aided munitions, including the JDAM, JSOW (joint stand-off weapon), and WCMD. A major new capability offered with the M3+ are Link 16 data link and the helmet-mounted cueing system (HMCS). The USAF F-16s also will be receiving a capability to deliver the Lockheed Martin AGM-158 Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM). The software is also compatible with the Lockheed Martin Sniper XR targeting pod recently certified on the F-16 for the USAF and Norway. The European F-16s will gain the capability to deliver the Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM).

I don't think that TheInner's post was getting into beeps and squeaks....suggest you "hold switches"...

Mambo,

Nice use of the language of we farm animals.............

My concern, if unfounded so be it, was

the HMCS is not used by studs at any point and the datalink isn't used to its full capacity either,

I was just sayin'.........

Mambo,

Nice use of the language of we farm animals.............

My concern, if unfounded so be it, was

I was just sayin'.........

I think the point was: he's talking about what the studs experience, not any actual "caps or lims" of the jet.

I sure hope the Chinese don't find out about JTIDS...

Gentlemen, I was simply explaining that the students in the B-course aren't utilizing the full complements the CCIP upgrade provides to let ENJJPT IP know that it won't make a huge difference to him as a B-course student. If a moderator feels I revealed too much then please delete the post, I am certainly not trying to reveal any "inside info", I will need all the help I can get when I get into the fight without the bad guys having intel courtesy of my lame Baseops.net posts.

"suggest you hold switches"...

HAHA, well played.

Actually that open source gave me some good gouge and brought to mind some other questions I'd been meaning to get the answers to.

Edited by abmwaldo

Guest turtle

As of Jan 07 the 308th is the only CCIP squadron at Luke. The 310th and 63rd are still 40T7.

With regards to CCIP helping B-course studs. I think the link makes a huge difference in TI/ACT.

-turtle

Edited by turtle

Guest Rainman A-10
My spanking is acknowledged, we now return to your regularly scheduled posts........

Don't apologize. I am on your side. I have always been a fan of cautioously using "open source" information to discuss capabilities and limitations. It is very easy to slip over to the other side.

If nothing else, an early threat call is better than a late heads up leaker call. Always.

The original question is simply answered.