Not going to UPT...will I get kicked out?

Guest csuseanb

Interesting though, a Lt. I know at Laughlin just got reclassed along with all 6 other Lts. up for it as well. And I heard similar news from other UPT bases. Good for the Lts. but really makes you wonder if anyone is steering the ship at AFPC.

45321944.jpg

Nothing wrong here sir...

Thecounterpoint would be that if these people were selected for pilot training, they probably didn't completely suck in college. In my peer group, several of us that voluntarily quit UPT have done very well in the 13S career field (I can't speak to the other AFSCs). For those that failed UPT, the results have been mixed. Some of them are great officers who just didn't have the hands or stomach to fly, and the Air Force is better off having them around doing something else. Some of them had no business graduating college, and have struggled mightily in their new career fields. Many of them have been RIFd, passed over and involuntarily separated.

What's the moral of the story? Why cut these guys automatically when some of them could be great leaders who just went to the wrong career field initially? If they suck, they will continue to suck, and then they'll be forced out later on.

What's the moral of the story? Why cut these guys automatically when some of them could be great leaders who just went to the wrong career field initially? If they suck, they will continue to suck, and then they'll be forced out later on.

I agree 100%... However, those briefs did not seem to coincide with our mindset.