Fixed to Rotor Transition

Guest Pan130

Guest Pan130

Anyone know of anyone who went from fixed wing to rotorcraft in the reserves? I am entertaining the idea. I do not know if it is possible. I guess I would have to have a unit sponsor me for it....

Guest MaxStatic

We had a 130 guard guy come through motherrucker a few months ago, his unit went to 60's. Don't know the details on it but I know it's done.

I know the Army Guard is hurting for helo pilots. I got offered a job with the NC Guard flying Apaches and AFPC not only said no, but hell no! I think helos kick ass!

Guest ruckerstud

Yes, it can be done, step one is obviously finding a unit to sponsor you, Patrick would be my first choice, especially there are a number of former pointy nosed dudes there. Once you get picked up, you will go to Rucker and get some variation on the theme of rotoary wing qual, basically an shorten version of the normal course, then you go to kirtland like any one else

Yes, talk to Lt Col Tom Humphries in the 512th at Kirtland. Started in HC-130s on active duty, then went to Oregon (Portland) and transitioned to H-60 after unit lost HC-130s and now is back on active duty.

Guest Pan130
Yes, talk to Lt Col Tom Humphries in the 512th at Kirtland. Started in HC-130s on active duty, then went to Oregon (Portland) and transitioned to H-60 after unit lost HC-130s and now is back on active duty.

I am not looking for active duty info. I can see if there is a transition for a unit but switching by choice is what I need to know.

AFPC not only said no, but hell no!

I have to assume it was because of the service commitment to the AF?

I thought the blue to green program was open, why wouldn't this fall under that program?