Everything posted by Inertia17
-
Goldfein advocating FAA 1500 hour rule change???
While it is true that the capability is there on some of the newer aircraft, it is when it stops working that is the problem. The more cuts you make, the more holes you find in your cheese. How many jets have you stepped to that don't have issues? The human on board still has greater capability to deal with situations that aren't quite textbook. I am not saying that single pilot ops won't happen, but I don't think the tech is where it needs to be yet to justify the increased risk.
-
Goldfein advocating FAA 1500 hour rule change???
Unless the one remaining asshole has a serious medical issue arise leaving them no longer able to fly the aircraft. Then I guess everyone is just SOL in the case of current tech.
-
Track Selects and Assignment Nights
Last track was 2 to T-38s and 1 to T-1's for the wash forwards. Rumor is up to 5 coming forward for the next track.
-
Track Selects and Assignment Nights
Pretty sure DLF is looking to push the numbers closer to 30 per class at some point. Which I am sure will be interesting with no cross countries in T-6's. That being said, they have been washing some people forward classes of late.
-
Track Selects and Assignment Nights
No idea man. I was just there. All that AFPC voodoo is well above my level. One would imagine they need pilots if they are dropping...
-
Track Selects and Assignment Nights
DLF 17-05: 38s: 2 x F-16 F-15E A-10 B-52 T-6 FAIP T-1s: KC-135 Kadena KC-135 (can't remember base) CV-22 U-28 EC-130 C-5 MC-130 T-1 FAIP Plus a few guard C-130s, and a couple I might have missed,
-
F-16s from Hill to Holloman
Shame we can't get a squadron or two in to share Miramar with the Marines...they seem to get by just fine buzzing Hornets around San Diego daily.
-
Track Selects and Assignment Nights
And now back to your regularly scheduled drop reporting... XL 17-02 (as best I could figure/remember considering the presentation difficulties and beer consumption) 1 x F-15C 4 x F-16 C-130J MC-130 KC-10 KC-135 T-1A FAIP 3 x C-17 There were certainly others, but that is all I can recall right meow. If anyone has a better recollection, throw it up. It would seem it is Viper season!
-
Track Selects and Assignment Nights
Looks like quibbling to me. You are going to have a great time at pilot training...
-
Track Selects and Assignment Nights
It would bring it inline with the rest of the training bases in that regard though. Scores in T-6's mean precisely zero after Track Select. Clean slate for Phase III. I believe it has been that way for quite a while. That being said, if they were to do that, they should let the studs know when they start T-6's, not afterwards.
-
Track Selects and Assignment Nights
There have been some rumors floating around about bombers starting to drop from the T-1 side.
-
U-2 Crash
- Born Premature
I was about the same time frame, no lasting effects, but pretty dicey at the time. Hasn't come up at all. If they don't ask about it, and there isn't a question about it on a form (which I don't recall there being), probably not an issue.- Track Selects and Assignment Nights
An interesting one at Laughlin tonight: XL 16-14 3-4 x KC-10s 1 x C-17 1 x J-STARS 2 x U-28 2 x T-6 FAIP 1 x B-1 1 x A-10 2 x F-22 Might have missed one or two.- What's wrong with the Air Force?
Plan to cut airmen's extra duties coming in weeks It will be interesting to see how this plays out.- Time to abolish the Air Force?
Settling for pretty good is only acceptable for morale apparently.- Track Selects and Assignment Nights
As per them stopping around 16-13, according to the AFPC guy who was here a month or two back, they aren't going anywhere.- Track Selects and Assignment Nights
XL 16-10 T-38s T-6 FAIP A-10 F-22 T-1s C-17 x 2 MC-130J x 2 C-130J U-28 x 2 KC-135 MQ-1 x 2 T-6 FAIP There were a few Guard and Reserve in addition to them, but I didn't catch them. That is most of the AD studs, but might have missed a couple.- Track Selects and Assignment Nights
Rest of XL 16-09 Drop T-1's C-17 x 2 MQ-9 x 2 RC-135 x 2 MC-130J x 2 T-1 FAIP U-28 KC-135 E-3 and... AC-130U Pretty solid on the heavy side.- Track Selects and Assignment Nights
XL 16-09 T-38's F-15E B-52 KC-10 C-130J T-1's 2 x RC-135 C-17 I am afraid my memory drops off beyond that. Rough drop for the T-38 studs this time around it seems, considering the 'fighter pilot shortage'. Likely any shortage that exists will only get worse.- Track Selects and Assignment Nights
XL 16-08 (from what I can remember at least) F-35 F-16 F-15E A-10 B-52 2 x T-6 FAIP T-1 FAIP 2 x KC-10 KC-135 C-130J 2 x MQ-1 C-17 Probably a couple that I missed, but that is what I recall. - Born Premature