Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Baseops Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fire4effect

Supreme User

Posts posted by fire4effect

  1. 12 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

    Since my googl-fu says US Park PoPo is fed, Pete will call Don and this will go away. Carry on, Guardman.

    Wouldn't hurt my feelings if the cops got fired as way to send a message to the rest. Actually the more of the like minded PoPo that get sent packing now means they aren't available if the administration changes to a less friendly one.

  2. I know this will generate a lot of spirited debate but I'm sure this will really push the funding and development of CCAs.

    I'll leave it to the smarter people on BO (within classified boundaries) to chime in on whether a CCA is anywhere near technologically feasible to take over for some or all of the F-15s mission sets. War has never been a safe or cheap endeavor but anything that lowers that cost I'm all for.

  3. 35 minutes ago, Blue said:

    Or incentivized.

    Haven't seen the 60 minutes segment. While I may be cynical and jaded, it seems reasonable that the AF would dangle a carrot in front of an O-6 to get him to give some good press.

    Guess the bright side is it's better to be in a propaganda video for your own side versus the enemy

  4. 11 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

    Hit the ground going 70- 100 mph, resulting in a broken back and arm.

    Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

    Might explain why he ended up so far from the pilot. Pilot floating lazily with the breeze under his canopy with the WSO smoking in like a meteor.

  5. 50 minutes ago, M2 said:

    Well, after years of wanting one, I finally found an Italian-made Beretta 92FS at a decent price!

    Beretta 92FS (1).jpg

    Beretta 92FS (3).jpg

    Full disclosure, I was never really a fan of this pistol when I had to carry it on active duty. I always found the grip to be too large, and preferred the Glock (and later XD) or a 1911 over it. It wasn't until I got a Walther P1 a year or so ago, and a bud of mine was showing me the 92FS he was carrying a few weeks ago, that I got the bug to grab one.

    I wanted an Italian one over a US made version, and a FS over a F. A coworker mentioned having one, and I told them to let me know if they felt like selling it. They offered it at a good price ($500) and as it looks like it had a very low round count, there was no way I could pass on it.

    I am searching for a third mag (again, prefer an Italian-made one) as my shoulder holster from Sarajevo holds two extra mags. I may have a lead on one; but if anyone has an extra they're willing to part with let me know.

    I also have to admit handling it does bring back some fond memories. The manual of arms is still intuitive despite it being over two decades since I shot one. Some things you just don't forget!

    Definitely looks better than the last one I carried lol.

  6. On 8/17/2026 at 3:29 AM, TreeA10 said:

    IWB Glock 19 with Ameriglo sights, 1 extra magazine.

    I have an identical set-up. I have the pistol next to my Surefire and the glowing rear sights make it easy to find both the pistol and the flashlight in the dark.

  7. 5 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

    There's another danger. The ruling is based entirely off tax collection. And as everybody knows, our taxes are done through the incredibly fuzzy process of reconciliation.

    Unless something is done to modify or repeal the NFA, Democrats will only need to reinstate a $1 tax on short barreled rifles and suppressors to put them right back under the NFA.

    Now, 2 years of unrestricted sales of these firearms would do a lot to make it less likely to change back, but the ruling is only useful if it is one step in a continuing process of deregulation.

    As the process now cuts both ways I'm trying to imagine a prosecutor who would bring a case that can be undone every time there's a reconciliation. Hopefully ATF will issue rules that say they're no longer bothering to enforce the NFA for suppressors and SBRs at least at the federal level. Crazy times.

  8. ·

    Edited by fire4effect

    2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

    The ruling gave the government a 7 day stay to respond...next week is going to be very interesting.

    Guess we'll see how 2A friendly our current administration is with regards to an appeal. One thing I've noticed is governments HATE to give up power no matter who's in charge. Prosecutors like to keep statutes like these on the books to hold over certain defendants to coerce please deals.

  9. 2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

    All of the encounters mentioned above are "mostly" accidents. Imagine when someone TRIES to hit an airliner...

    Or decides to make one the size of a Shahed track the ILS/FAF on a low IFR day. Maybe it gets picked up on radar in time.

  10. My biggest fear for situations like this is that the cops realize they effed up and drop a bag to justify everything and avoid making him a millionaire. Again, the presence of cameras has helped mitigate that in modern times but still.

  11. I so hope it's 4. (Get down to business after the mid-terms) Our politicians are largely oblivious to the fact that their negative comments are watched closely by the IRGC and like many of our conflicts since 1945 our wars are not lost on the battlefield but in the court of public opinion. Iranian oil refining/transportation infrastructure needs to start having a run of industrial accidents especially after the first week in November.

  12. I certainly wouldn't take Kharg Islang given it would leave our troops in a horribly exposed position. However, I would emphasize to Iran that if we feel we are being forced to take a deal we don't like Kharg and anything else related to oil transport or refining in Iran will be made a smoking pile of wreckage. On that note even when they try to rebuild, we'll keep hitting it so good luck with that. It doesn't take a lot to destroy refining capacity. Back to one of my earlier comments Israel is the perfect proxy as they are very capable, really don't care about US politics and give us all kinds of plausible deniabilty.

  13. 4 hours ago, SHFP said:

    Time for Linebacker 3.

    Destroy their ability to refine fuel. Modern military forces going back to WW2 can't function without fuel.

    Make it hard to move resources like missiles around the country or fuel small boats etc Of course, the US citizens of today couldn't endure the hardships of the WW2 generation and our adversaries know that. In 1945 we were in it to win it elections or not.

  14. 17 hours ago, arg said:

    froI like watching crooked cops squirm

    I wish I could say I'm surprised. I've heard stories going back decades about Arkansas LE planting drugs. My optimistic side thinks that the prevalence of cameras now has made it a little harder to get away with this. Used to be it was the cop's word and that was the end of the story. She was lucky and could have easily been doing 10 years claiming her innocence the whole time. I always wonder how someone or their friends or family with say some military training and a less sympathetic attitude to being setup might react. At this point the system has made it clear the rules are out the window. This to me is big reason I like radar detectors. Aside from not doing things like driving under the influence or other shenanigans, I greatly reduce the chance of an encounter with LE. Like the flight doc no one comes out of an encounter with LE having a better day than when they started.

  15. 50 minutes ago, Smokin said:

    https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/israel-built-and-defended-a-secret-iran-war-base-in-iraq-3590851a?mod=hp_lead_pos3

    Apparently Israel set up and operated a base within Iraq without the Iraqis knowing about it. There's a reason Israel seems to always punch above their weight. When you're willing to take risks like that, and have the people trained well enough to actually carry it out, suddenly you have way more options on the table.

    Not to mention having a strong ally like the US who could bail them out if things truly went sideways. We get plausible deniability under most circumstances and they go make next level trouble for our adversaries.

  16. 19 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

    Yeah none of those Air Forces guys...

    That's why I think IF it passes it will include most if not all service members. Trying to actually define who gets the benefit that will pass legal muster is where the devil resides.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.