Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Baseops Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

brabus

Supreme User
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by brabus

  1. ·

    Edited by brabus

    Just read the official complaint...unbelievable. I have a bad feeling this is going to negatively impact squadrons in a HUGE manner. Hell, even the full lyrics to S&M Man were in the complaint. My one question is, how in the hell did she get her hands on songbooks, "wingmen guides," etc. Suggest everyone cleans out their space at work and puts stuff in a truly safe place, not under a sheet of paper in your desk drawer. And don't assume the 1CO's, AFE, etc. are "cool" because they haven't complained, I think that is a big part of what bit the community in the ass. Shit's about to hit the fan.

    Edit: Here's the link to the complaint if anyone wants to read/scan it: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fprotectourdefenders.com%2Fdownloads%2FFINAL_SMITH_ADMIN_COMPLAINT.pdf&ei=9gWpULzELIii8gSq64DYDQ&usg=AFQjCNGUSns0zCM7djg9wt3-Gzz7PWP4Kw&cad=rja

  2. Why would you want to cater to a bunch of dudes with secure jobs, a love of technical things, and disposable income?

    Good point...probably the worst demographic to target. At least I'm convinced that's Breitling's viewpoint.

  3. “They can’t deal with women in fighter squadrons,” Sergeant Smith said.

    What a joke. We have 3 chick fighter pilots and another inbound and nobody could give a rat's ass. The only thing that matters is if they can perform in the jet and are good "bros." I don't know what her personal story truly entails, but sweeping generalizations like this are way out of line.

  4. ·

    Edited by brabus

    I know you guys had to have Notes, Warnings, and Cautions and EP's down verbatim and recite them in front of classmates. You won't have to do that in UPT

    I remember doing exactly that in UPT...only for the first month or so in Phase II, but still. Did they do away with that?

    Caveat: Even if they still do this, I don't recommend even looking at that shit prior...memorizing words with little real understanding/meaning behind them has little utility.

  5. Found out I'll be at Maxwell through deer season. Does anyone have any good info for non-resident white tail and possibly hog hunting in AL? I'm down for driving anywhere in the state on the weekends. I'm not much for outfitters (don't desire to pay $1400 for a white tail hunt), but if that's the only realistic way to hunt I am not against it, assuming I can find something reasonably affordable. I appreciate the help any of you can lend.

    Also, if anyone else here is going to be in AL for the first month of the early gun season, let me know if you want to put a trip or two together.

  6. It's too much airplane, too much inertia, too much risk to squeeze in maneuvers or events you didn't plan and pre-think ahead of time

    Sooo, if something changes and requires you to update your gameplan, "maneuvers," etc. in the air, you just don't do it since it wasn't "pre-thought"? Are you sure you're not part of an Asian Air Force?

  7. Maybe things have changed, but I know a lot of Whiting dudes who are easily a year behind their peers, even when including 6 month casual stints for their non-Whiting bros. Not saying Whiting is a bad deal by any means, but it is not unreasonable to consider the timeline effects.

  8. ·

    Edited by brabus

    Hopefully, they walked away with a sense of what the AF actually does as its mission and the amount of work it takes to even be labeled CMR.

    I'm betting RAM DUMP was activated for 99% of them before they even left the room. That's been my experience with these types at verifications. A few verifications ago I'm walking out and hear a small group talking about how they couldn't wait to get out of there...I wish I could say unbelievable, but it's really not.

  9. Really? I appreciate what the jet can do, but I can't name an airframe doing less "mission".

    All shit flipping aside, the dudes actually are deployed to more than one place around the world. No, they won't win the "I'm in a bigger shithole then you" fight, but it's not their fault U.S. strategic need leads them to Location X instead of Location Y. Additionally, not their fault Country X and Y don't see value in or are too scared to start some shit with America. Are they actively doing more than others right this minute...hell no, but they are certainly strategically necessary in a few locations and are damn well ready to kick the shit out of somebody if it comes to it.

    Now back to giving Raptor dudes shit...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.