Vasectomy Reversal?

Hopefulflyer389

Question

5 answers to this question

My brother has had two reversals, one each for wife #2 and wife #3. 

As far as know they went fine, no more traumatic than getting the original vasectomy. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimNtexas said:

My brother has had two reversals, one each for wife #2 and wife #3. 

As far as know they went fine, no more traumatic than getting the original vasectomy. 

Wait...like #2 didn't work and he tried again for #3, or did ya boy just like sharp objects and needles near his nuts?

Hopeful -

I had 1.  Tricare did not cover, cost about $8K in 2013, was not successful.  Just talk to your PCM so they can put it in the record, and find an off-base urology clinic that you trust and tell them you're a cash patient.  It's almost never covered by insurance.  I don't know if you got clipped in the USAF, but I had to sign...3 waivers?...and my wife (at the time) had to approve as well.

We then spent another $30K+ trying in-vitro, also not successful.  I feel like fertility issues need to get brought up more, and it was the reason I was so fucking pissed off at the DoD authorizing hormones for mentally ill people to "switch genders" but not for normal people trying to have kids.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 17D_guy said:

Wait...like #2 didn't work and he tried again for #3, or did ya boy just like sharp objects and needles near his nuts?

Hopeful -

I had 1.  Tricare did not cover, cost about $8K in 2013, was not successful.  Just talk to your PCM so they can put it in the record, and find an off-base urology clinic that you trust and tell them you're a cash patient.  It's almost never covered by insurance.  I don't know if you got clipped in the USAF, but I had to sign...3 waivers?...and my wife (at the time) had to approve as well.

We then spent another $30K+ trying in-vitro, also not successful.  I feel like fertility issues need to get brought up more, and it was the reason I was so fucking pissed off at the DoD authorizing hormones for mentally ill people to "switch genders" but not for normal people trying to have kids.

Thanks for the Info. I did it before joining the military and read the same issues of Tricare not covering it.
The cost is the same these days and we’ve been looking more into the IVF, but the cost is frightening to read. You remember how long it took you to recover and get back to work from the reversal? 

I completely understand how you feel about the “switching genders” BS. In my opinion, not being able to start a family is more mentally taxing on a person(s) then someone whose trying to figure if “he” looks better with it tucked in or out... I digress.