Jump to content
Baseops Forums
Bob Uecker

2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

Recommended Posts

And CSO selects get anything for IFT yet? I have a pending assignment and TDY from my current AFSC so I’ve been working on getting those cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AirForceAg said:

Where are yall getting your rips from? AFPC sending emails? Or through your UTM/ formal training folks?

UTM/Formal training, not unless through some weird way you get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my RIP today or IFT from my formal training rep. 17 March-12 April. I got a second RIP for my aerospace physical at Peterson for 12 March-16 March. I was under the impression those physicals were done at Wright-Pat. Is it normal for the flight physical to be at Peterson and for the physical to bump right up to the actual training dates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the CSOs I knew from college went to Langley for their physicals -- I also went to Virginia Tech, so maybe that's why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense, Scott was the closest base to us. I guess they just do those physicals Whereever is most convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Zachv95 said:

Got my RIP today or IFT from my formal training rep. 17 March-12 April. I got a second RIP for my aerospace physical at Peterson for 12 March-16 March. I was under the impression those physicals were done at Wright-Pat. Is it normal for the flight physical to be at Peterson and for the physical to bump right up to the actual training dates?

Mine was done at McChord (for CSO). Since it's not a FC1 physical it does not need to be at Wright-Pat and they typically choose a base close to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 6:50 AM, CCT beat me once said:

Anyone else based overseas?  I am curious if anyone has been contacted regarding shortening or extending your DEROS

I was picked up in last years board and I’m still stationed at Elmendorf. Never been contacted about curtailing DEROS up to this point, but I’m URT and am TDY for all my training. Might change once I finally PCS mid next year which will be about 6 months before my DEROS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, URTSelect 19 said:

I was picked up in last years board and I’m still stationed at Elmendorf. Never been contacted about curtailing DEROS up to this point, but I’m URT and am TDY for all my training. Might change once I finally PCS mid next year which will be about 6 months before my DEROS. 

Thanks! I will be PCSing for UPT, and actually heard from APFC today that they are working my DEROS now.  I would assume they will work yours as well.  Doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal from our side, mostly admin actions they need to take... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flight suits. I have a buddy who’s a CSO and said they were issued to him at Pensacola before going to IFT but since I’m not going to Pensacola before IFT will I have to pay for them? That’s a lot of money I’d prefer not spending if there’s a way to get them issued to me haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zachv95 are you going reserve CSO? If so, you should get them fitted and issued during inprocessing at JBSA. Otherwise, you should PCS to Pensacola before you go to IFT and get fitted/issued there. Also, that's an Aerospace Physiology course at Peterson (chamber training, spacial disorientation, etc) right before your IFT.

Edited by dotonfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dotonfire said:

@Zachv95 are you going reserve CSO? If so, you should get them fitted and issued during inprocessing at JBSA. Otherwise, you should PCS to Pensacola before you go to IFT and get fitted/issued there. Also, that's an Aerospace Physiology course at Peterson (chamber training, spacial disorientation, etc) right before your IFT.

I’m active and IFT is a TDY from my current station. I’ll get back from IFT and PCS to Pensacola a few months later. I’ll do some digging around and let you guys know what I find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zachv95 said:

I’m active and IFT is a TDY from my current station. I’ll get back from IFT and PCS to Pensacola a few months later. I’ll do some digging around and let you guys know what I find. 

FWIW I was in your exact shoes 2 years ago. My boss at the time purchased the flight suits from the local supply shop on his CC/GPC.

i ordered all patches online on my own dime from aviatorgear.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 10:34 AM, Bob Uecker said:

Randolph UPT class starts 15 July.

Any other intel on this since it's so non-standard? Is it just going to be 2 classes? 

Edited by Navigangsta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats what I got when I asked the assignments guy for the board. From what I can tell, this is a pretty lowkey deal.

 

Not sure if anyone in the AFA/ROTC/OTS/AGR pipelines are going to Randolph. I know my buddy who is a senior in ROTC is still waiting to put in base preference till January.

Edited by Bob Uecker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys hear anything on whether we are doing the UPT Next syllabus? Hearing both doing PTN and that Randolph is hosting a normal UPT class.

 

Big ups to @Lost as you are for the info on possible PTN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...