Hello everyone. I'm now a ROTC cadet looking at Reserve and Guard options. I should hopefully be commissioning in 2019. I have been searching for RPA and Space Ops units, but unsure which units are still operating with the same mission at this time, since most information online is from years ago. The ANG website is more straightforward, but the Air Force Reserve is not so much regarding what positions are available in which units. 

I'd greatly appreciate if any of you have information as to which units are available for me to consider applying to for ANG and ARC for RPA pilot and space operations officer positions. I know it's pretty early but ideally, I'd like to be able to best prepare my applications for these type of units. Thank you very much!

34 minutes ago, LookieRookie said:

The 940th has RPAs and maybe the 919th. And space with the 310th. They're part of 10 AF. As for vacancies if you have a portal account and can get on AFPC secure, you can look in RMVS but that only shows completely vacant position and a lot of units do overages.

http://www.afrc.af.mil/Units/

Thank you! Does the 940th operate out of Beale AFB or do pilots go to Creech AFB to work?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone. I'm now a ROTC cadet looking at Reserve and Guard options. I should hopefully be commissioning in 2019. I have been searching for RPA and Space Ops units, but unsure which units are still operating with the same mission at this time, since most information online is from years ago. The ANG website is more straightforward, but the Air Force Reserve is not so much regarding what positions are available in which units. 
I'd greatly appreciate if any of you have information as to which units are available for me to consider applying to for ANG and ARC for RPA pilot and space operations officer positions. I know it's pretty early but ideally, I'd like to be able to best prepare my applications for these type of units. Thank you very much!

If you are interested in space, talk to 310th directly. You will be an easy hire, they are always open to picking up LTs. I just came off a DO tour in 310th and i hired every LT i can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

On 7/16/2017 at 9:15 PM, minpo.shiue said:

If you are interested in space, talk to 310th directly. You will be an easy hire, they are always open to picking up LTs. I just came off a DO tour in 310th and i hired every LT i can find.

Thanks so much for the information! Does this also generally hold true for the 9th Combat Operations Squadron unit that's under the 310th? I have family closer to Vandenburg. Also, do you have any idea if they have RPA pilot positions? Regardless, I'll be contacting them directly soon. 

Edited by angprospect

Thanks so much for the information! Does this also generally hold true for the 9th Combat Operations Squadron unit that's under the 310th? I have family closer to Vandenburg. Also, do you have any idea if they have RPA pilot positions? Regardless, I'll be contacting them directly soon. 

9SOPS, yes, same, contact them directly. No RPA in 310th, talk to the nellis guys. 924th?