Humanitarian Assignments

MSCguy

Did a search and didn't find a relevant thread...I applied for a humanitarian assignment about 2.5 weeks ago to be near my father who has cancer. It's currently at the submitted to BPO step. Does anyone have any knowledge on these things and how fast they move? I spoke to my assignment team and there's an open slot at the base I want and they said that they don't anticipate filling it until the fall cycle; does this availability of a slot tilt things in my favor?

Good luck. The people in charge of Humanitarian Assignments are right behind the people in charge of Force Management for the biggest clown show in the Air Force award. Those people are worthless and borderline corrupt. Best of luck with your request!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I got the assignment-even though my circumstances fell under the "normally not approved" portion of their guidance. However, a free trip out of the northern tier 3 years early was on the line; and one does not pass up that kind of opportunity. The blindfolded monkey throwing darts at afpc worked in my favor...I wonder if it's the same one that's working on the VSP apps.

• Upvote 1

I got the assignment...I wonder if it's the same one that's working on the VSP apps.

If you get an email this week saying that your approval had been a mistake, then you'll know

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

If you get an email this week saying that your approval had been a mistake, then you'll know

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I was told I wasn't going to Base X because it didn't have services for my daughter. The day I started my drive to my TDY enroute, AFPC told me that they changed their minds. They strung me along for a good 3 weeks.

I was able to help an NCO of mine get an EFMP assignment. The initial paperwork process took a little while to complete. But once it was approved, the actual PCS happened very quickly. Best of luck, and I hope your father's condition improves.

• Upvote 1