"Pride Month" at your AFB?

Stank

41ifD33LgML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nicely played....

...lots of good words...

I hear you HOSS, and I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but the bottom line is sexual (gender) preference (and yes I understand the word sexuality and didn't mean the act itself) is the only thing that makes a homosexual a homosexual. I'm not trying to be condescending here, but by definition It means that you have (according to Webster) a 1. Sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own sex (gender). The good Webster also defines sexuality as 1. sexual character, possession of the structural and functional traits of sex. 2. Recognition of or emphasis on sexual matters 3. involvement in sexual activity 4. an organisms preparedness for engaging in sexual activity. While I wasn't talking about the physical act of sex, I'm talking about celebrating a characteristic that is defined only by such sexual acts and desires.

I'm pretty sure 99.69% of all living organisms engage in sexual activity whether it is asexual or with a partner. To focus on one group's pride with whom they prefer (sexually or emotionally...it is really irrelevant) is the double standard to which I am referring. Everyone has their own sexual preferences. I'll bet my next year's paycheck that there is a current commander out there who does enjoy S&M and probably has a basement full of toys. That is a valid point, but not the point I'm trying to make with a "Pride" month being inappropriate. No I don't think the Air Force is endorsing sexual acts, just like I don't think the number 69 or a rape song is endorsing sexual misconduct or rape.

I understand diversity and overcoming bigotry. If pride month means being proud of your life choices, then it should include EVERYONE...including heterosexuals. But it doesn't and it is not the intent of DoD to celebrate it that way....

Hey I think it's great that Charley Pride gets his own month.

attachicon.gifcharley-pride.jpg

So, Charlie Pride gets two months.... :)

• Upvote 1

The intent of diversity events is to help people gain or broaden a new perspective. It helps people overcome ignorance and prejudice. It exposes them to different people so they can appreciate beliefs and lifestyles outside of their own.

Then why in Lord Buddha's name do we still have Asian Heritage month? Who the hell is still prejudiced against Asians? They get better grades, are over-represented in higher education, under-represented in prisons, make more money and own more businesses than any other ethnic group.

Then why in Lord Buddha's name do we still have Asian Heritage month? Who the hell is still prejudiced against Asians? They get better grades, are over-represented in higher education, under-represented in prisons, make more money and own more businesses than any other ethnic group.

Because the AF cannot measure diversity of socioeconomic background and whatnot. But they can go "we have X ____ officers, Y ______ officers, 68 females," etc.

The AF only cares about race and gender when talking about diversity.

• Upvote 1

That is part of my point...there is nothing relating to heritage or culture when talking about homosexuals or "Pride" month. Homosexuals come in all shapes, sizes, races, genders...they look just like you and I. They do their jobs just like you and I. Sure, you can stereotype, but you can also stereotype based on race too...but race isn't defined by the stereotype, but rather, the physical features define a race. Every race, gender, culture has stereotypes. You cannot tell a person is a homosexual just by looking at them. Realistically, you can't even tell they are homosexuals by the way they act. For example, the male airman at the finance office that was a subject of a few threads who allegedly acted a little feminine, and everyone assumed he was by the description. How he acts, talks, dresses does not make him a homosexual. His sexual preference is what makes him a homosexual or not. That is why I ask the serious question...what exactly are we recognizing with "Pride" month? It isn't a culture, there is no homosexual cuisine, there are no homosexual clothes. Tell me what we are recognizing?

Done beating dead horse...

there is no homosexual cuisine

On the one hand, I lol'd; on the other hand, if that's true, what did this guy I met on BODN mean when he told me to EABOD??

there are no homosexual clothes.

I was with up to this one....
  • Upvote 2