Texas Guard

Guest ralph

Guest sleepy

Pick me, pick me! I know the answer!

In English "I spoke with them recently and they're full up" means the partciular unit in question is staffed to max, popping with peeps. It is so crowded there, you can't cuss at cat without gettin' hair in your teeth.

Ergo, they are not only not hiring off the street right* now, they aren't hiring period.

*Just because a unit doesn't hire off the street one year doesn't necessarily mean they won't the next year. Depends on needs. The interview that netted me an eventual slot had no priors! Sometimes we end up with feathers in our butt without knowing it. Good luck!

When I spoke with them they said they don't hire off the street because they have enough prior F-16 pilots in the DFW area. I don't know if it happended, but the person I spoke with said they would be getting some AD guys to fill the new pilot ranks (where they would move on after they got some experience). I'm sure with units getting BRACd, it is only going to get more difficult to find units that hire off the street.

Guest ralph

Wow sorry,I thought thats what the board was for.

[ 29. March 2006, 20:33: Message edited by: ralph ]

Guest Hydro130
Originally posted by sleepy:

Pick me, pick me! I know the answer!

In English "I spoke with them recently and they're full up" means the partciular unit in question is staffed to max, popping with peeps. It is so crowded there, you can't cuss at cat without gettin' hair in your teeth.

Ergo, they are not only not hiring off the street right* now, they aren't hiring period.

*Just because a unit doesn't hire off the street one year doesn't necessarily mean they won't the next year. Depends on needs. The interview that netted me an eventual slot had no priors! Sometimes we end up with feathers in our butt without knowing it. Good luck!

Nicely done!

Still laughing... Hydro

Guest Hydro130
Originally posted by ralph:

Wow sorry,I thought thats what the board was for.

No. It's for discussions on issues and questions other than ones that can be answered easily via Google or a phone call to the unit.

Have a nut, Hydro

Guest sleepy
Originally posted by ralph:

And sleepys post wasn't that clear.

!DIOS MIO! Yo no debo hablar ingles. Lo siento.

Wasn't clear? I thought it was clearer than mud. Hmmm... Was it the colloquialisms? Got you swimming like a one-legged duck?

Sorry if I'm riding you like a rented mule, but I am not sure what was so difficult to understand. 1) The unit isn't hiring. 2) Don't give up hope.

Guest sleepy

Crown44,

One's status as a member of the AF has nothing to do with one's ability to read and research for themselves. (If we were to split hairs, I actually am in the AF, BTW.) The internet is a tremendous resource; inronically, though, it has made some folks even lazier in their quest for information. I'd like to thank Hydro130 Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said on this matter.

You know, I really thought that I had deposited a substantial size of fecal matter in your Corn Flakes. But then I stumbled upon this. Dude, the evidence before me clearly states that you have never helped anyone on this board. All you have done is instigate and fan flames.

Help out a brother. New Mexico isn't too far from Texas. In light of what has been posted here, is the New Mexico Guard hiring? and do they hire off the street? On behalf of those who want to know, thanks for your help in advance.