Any Good aviation loan?

Guest Av8tor

Hi everyone,

I'm currently seeking to complete my PPL and was wondering if any of you hopefuls on here could point me towards the best loan I can get say like $10,000 and which bank provides the best deal. I hope to go instrument after that so the $10000 will help a lot. Thanks for your input.

• 4 years later...
Guest ansel

Try <URL removed for possible spam> .They provide great service.

Edited by M2

Guest boredwith9to5
Good job answering a 4 1/2 year old question.

It might be spam, or a <URL removed for possible spam> sales rep.. his only other post is from march 2nd, the day he registered and was also a plug for <URL removed for possible spam>.

EDIT: yeah .. i guess I wasn't thinking lol

Edited by boredwith9to5
Damn, BW925, you quote the web site more than ansel does!

It might be spam, or a <URL removed for possible spam> sales rep.. his only other post is from march 2nd, the day he registered and was also a plug for <URL removed for possible spam>.

I vote for a ban.

Edited by M2
Concur, and posts edited accordingly

Well, since someone already brought this post up...i'll add to it for other people future references. Salliemae no longer does pilot training loans...I used the company Pilot Finance just a month ago. Your flight school can get setup for free. It was very easy to setup and they really try to get everyone approved (that's coming from my flight school). The interest rate wasn't the best (16.8%- max is 18%) but being only 20 y/o with no cosigner, I can't complain too much. They do offer a program where if you make all payments on time for the life of the loan...you get a certain amount of interest paid back...so in my case after the refund my interest rate equals out to around 14% which isn't too bad for an unsecure loan.

www.pilotfinance.com

Edited by Trey

Guest boredwith9to5
Well, since someone already brought this post up...i'll add to it for other people future references. Salliemae no longer does pilot training loans...I used the company Pilot Finance just a month ago. Your flight school can get setup for free. It was very easy to setup and they really try to get everyone approved (that's coming from my flight school). The interest rate wasn't the best (16.8%- max is 18%) but being only 20 y/o with no cosigner, I can't complain too much. They do offer a program where if you make all payments on time for the life of the loan...you get a certain amount of interest paid back...so in my case after the refund my interest rate equals out to around 14% which isn't too bad for an unsecure loan.

www.pilotfinance.com

14% is still pretty high, especially if you're talking about ~$10,000.. I can get a personal loan through USAA for as low as 11.25%, not much better, but every bit helps. When did Sallie Mae stop giving out aviation loans? I just talked with an FBO a couple months ago and they said that I can get financed through Sallie Mae (not that I want to add on to my already ridiculously high student loans).