what do you guys think?

Guest markkyle66

Guest markkyle66

What would you guys consider necessary traits to be succesful at UPT? Just curious. Also what kind of experience would you say thats needed before going in? (i.e. ppl and other various ratings... aviation experience in general.) Is it rare for people to go in with 0 flight hours? Thanks guys - Mark

[ 10. November 2005, 17:21: Message edited by: markkyle66 ]

It's not rocket science, just study hard, keep a good attitude, and help out your classmates.

No experience needed, most studs have no flying time except IFT time. Time or no time, you'll all end up at the same point come graduation day.

MK

Guest markkyle66

haha I like how you guys can be so synnical :]. Not much fun when it's at my expense though. I guess I had it comming by asking that question though. Yes your link helped me a good bit even though I've read it already. I was just hoping I would learn something new that hasn't been mentioned in previous posts.

Originally posted by markkyle66:

What would you guys consider necessary traits to be succesful at UPT?

Open ears and closed mouth.

Whining is encouraged, but not tolerated.

Good Luck.

Hoser

1. Definitely a good attitude is #1. If you can't figure something out but show a good attitude, the IPs are more than willing to work with you.

2. Various forms of studying including: group study, study by yourself, study with the TV on while eating, study while playing PS2, study with as many distractions as you can handle. Basically learn to think while being distracted.

3. Talk to others ahead of you in the program. You'll get tons of valuable info.

4. Make sure you and your classmates work as a team. NO ONE makes it through as a lone ranger.

5. Patience.

6. Stay in the books.

Hope this helps.

[ 10. November 2005, 20:17: Message edited by: gabe2surf ]

• Like 1