whiteman

Login Name

so i searched this and didn't come up with anything so i'd go for a new topic. just got word on my next assignment, heading back across the pond to whiteman. how is it there? i'll miss living in cambridge but i hear kc is a good time and nearby possibly enough to live there. can anybody give me a rundown on the base/local area?

Guest pilotwannab

I live in the nearest town, Warrensburg. I go to the school there. The area isn't that bad, you are only about 45-60 mins from KC. I don't know what you find fun, but there is a strip of bars on Pine St. in Warrensburg that is a pretty good time. Whiteman is a pretty small base. I've only been on it maybe 6 or 7 times so I can't really tell you a lot. If you have any specific questions feel free to sling'em my way.

Partying in Westport (KC) is good. One of my cadre was stationed at Whiteman before coming to KU, and still lives in the same house!! Long drive but he doesn't mind. I grew up in KC, so PM me if you have any ?'s!

Stationed at Whiteman right now. Warrensburg is pretty decent with all the necessities to get you by. Like already said, Pine St will fulfill any of your college chick desires, but don't expect anything like an ASU, USC, FSU, Penn State, etc, etc, etc. Lee's Summit is where a lot of guys live. It's a nice suburb of K.C. with lots of nice stores and development coming in everyday. The Plaze in downtown KC is about a hour and fifteen minute drive from Warrensburg. It is definetly the place to go for fun. Nice bars, restaurants, and more than enough eclectic shops to keep you busy. For the base, yeah, it's pretty small and doesn't really offer too much. It's probably one of the most secure and advanced bases militarily, but not much in the form of morale and welfare...aka the BX blows along with the food court and everything else in that God forsaken place over there. The commissary just got a face lift, so it's not to bad except it's like everything else here and it closes at 1800 or 1900 everyday. You can't even get a burger on this base after around 18-19. Here's the bottom line. This place is more geared for people with families and who are looking for a nice place to raise their kids. Middle Missouri is not a hot bed of action, adventure, and scandalous women, but you have to make the best of it. ATV riding, boating at the Ozarks, hunting, golfing, intramural sports, are things you better or better become interested in or it could be a long 3-5 years! I will say that KC Chiefs fans party harder than any other football fans I've seen! Going to a Chiefs game is a must while your here!

Guest C-21 Pilot

Do folks still cruise up and down Nolan Rd, there in KC?

That was a huge deal back in the day...er, 1995!