Pershing Rifles

FalconXtreme

hey my campus has a pershing rifles service org here. i was wondering what u guys thought of them? if i pledge and become one would it help me any in my AF career? so far our AAS squad doesn't want me here so i think im gonna pledge PR instead. my army rotc homie is one and it seems like fun atleast. lmk

WHAP, you better get used to this new generation of future officers dogg! It's gonna be kickin'. They are the shizzle da' nizzle homie. If ya' need the 411 on it, look up any new LT and you'll be trippin' at how they are like, straight outta MTV ROTC dogg...It's whack! Word!

Guest kottlows

From what I've heard, PR was an old school attempt to get some joint stuff going on in ROTC-land back in the day. Everywhere I have seen, it's been pretty much a flop. Help your ROTC career? Doubtful. How about you put your time into the Cadet Corps, that way you can at least be recognized as a hard worker by the Cadre. That, in fact, will help your ROTC career.

Just my two cents,

-WARAHWK

Guest waxgoblin

I saw the Scabbard and Blade Society page at the SJSU det, where i would go. it didnt really give an in depth description of what they actually do. whats the main main point of it?

Falcon...pull your pants up. Everyone can see your underwear.

Seriously, though -- Warhawk is a good dude. Ditto on what he said.

Of course, don't sacrifice your grades, fitness level, and cadet wing performance for anything. And stop using words like homie and y0 around cadre if you want to be taken seriously as an officer candidate. :D

Originally posted by Mambo:

WHAP, you better get used to this new generation of future officers dogg! It's gonna be kickin'. They are the shizzle da' nizzle homie. If ya' need the 411 on it, look up any new LT and you'll be trippin' at how they are like, straight outta MTV ROTC dogg...It's whack! Word!

LMAO LOL that was good. well i know the "pledging" process includes alot of pt since it is a rotc orientated org. so if anything it'll probably get me in better shape.

also fury what do u mean everyone can see my undies? :confused:

also i dont talk with slang to cadre members or anything so dont worry i always look, sound, and act like a profesional and fine officer candidate

• 2 months later...

I am considering forming a Pershing Rifles company at my school, and I am curious as to what goes on during the 6 week initiation phase. If anyone has experience with this, please let me know. If anyone has any suggestions/comments on Pershing Rifles please post them as well.

We just won the national drill competition at Indiana University this past weekend. It is our 3rd straight national championship at Clemson University. I pledged 2 years ago so i don't remember ever little specific but basically you have pledge practice at your discretion (2-3 times a week for us) and then there is a a hell night which kicks off the bullet phase of hell week. Also there are two boards, one halfway through and then a final review board. Our "rats" as they are called are almost complete and will have hell night very shortly. Let me know if you have any more ?'s

Brian.

[ 11. April 2005, 19:47: Message edited by: wnanna ]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PorkChop

I'm from Boston University. B-12. Our Regiment is the only tactical regiment as far as I know. We still teach drill but our pledge term is geared more towards Army training. We do stuff like, battle drills, land nav, IMT, water confidence, etc... The pledge term runs for around 7 weeks. We have a hell week, hell night and boards like all of the other companies. We have both classes and PT sessions during the week with a study hall on the weekend. We usually run a PR FTX concurrently with the Army MS 3 FTX every year.

We just started the process of getting a company at our school, and we have a few questions. How much do you guys spend out of pocket each year. What type of equipment does each company need(rifles, blades, guidons etc)? How much do the uniforms cost? Do you share equipment with Drill Team/Honor Guard? Finally, how much is the cadre sponsor involved with?

well i donno how relations are with ur skools cadre. but i'm at company p4 and army rotc is our main sponsor. they loan us the weapons for drill, ruck sacks, bdu boots, uniforms, pretty much anything we need that they have. afrotc doesn't seem to like us that much probably bc theres an aas unit here. since p/r is heavily army oriented start making friends with the army rotc cadre if there is one cause they will be ur greatest asset. as far as money out of pocket i believe at times it cant be quiet a bit. so start planning lots and lots of fund raisers.

Guest lightning4eva

We do stuff like, battle drills, land nav, IMT, water confidence, etc... The pledge term runs for around 7 weeks. We have a hell week, hell night and boards like all of the other companies. We have both classes and PT sessions during the week with a study hall on the weekend. We usually run a PR FTX concurrently with the Army MS 3 FTX every year. [/QB]

Originally posted by PhlashNU04:

Not to be a smartass, but seriously.... If you guys are all into the hooah, ground-pounding Army stuff, why don't you just join Army ROTC?

Personally, I know the Air Force is the best service, and the mission that I want is only blue; but if I'm gonna be involved in something ROTC oriented, AAS just doesn't do it for me.(sorry Arnies)

Originally posted by c17wannabe:

Personally, I know the Air Force is the best service, and the mission that I want is only blue; but if I'm gonna be involved in something ROTC oriented, AAS just doesn't do it for me.(sorry Arnies)

Guest Absolutlyfly

Pledging? If you are going to do all of that why don't you just join a fraternity? I mean at least you get to drink and will have a sister sority. Plus the chances of lighting stuff on fire is good.

Guest PorkChop

I looked at pledge term like a part time job. My energy was focused towards classes and homework, during the day and pledge term during the night. I slept when I had time and only after I got everything done. Being an engineer myself, I quickly learned that sleep was a crutch and time management was key. Yeah, learning army stuff was cool but I got so much more out of pledge term than just army stuff. The things that stand out in my mind besides time management are leadership (you really don't get this as a 100) and pushing my limits. It's amazing how far you can push yourself when you are "motivated" to. Even now as a member I am continuously learning about myself and my leadership styles. Pledge term certainly wasn’t easy and I hated every second of it but I am definitely a better person for having survived it.

Originally posted by PhlashNU04:

Not to be a smartass, but seriously.... If you guys are all into the hooah, ground-pounding Army stuff, why don't you just join Army ROTC?

Our company is predominantly army. Out of the 7 AF cadets that have pledged in the last 5 years, 3 have switched over to the army (this is a problem that I am trying to solve), one is a SF officer, and one is a STO. There is your answer.

For the last two; one is going through ENJJPT and the last person is me. I considered going over to the army but I’d much rather be a pilot.

There is my 2 cents.