T-1 type ratings

Guest Guppyguy

Guest Guppyguy

Anybody have any success in getting the FAA to sign off on the new Hawker 400XP type in addition to the BE40 and Mitsubishi Diamond? Beech has renumbered their assembly line, much like Gulfstream did, and apparently the Hawker 400 is the equivalent to our T-1 but I have not heard of anybody getting all three types out of UPT yet.

Thanks-

Guppyguy

Guest JArcher00

If it is certified as the same there should be no problem as long as the FAA guy writing the certificate for you knows. If it is a common type like the others are then no prob.

Guest SnakeT38

Used to be FAA types were getting HARD to do with

AD, not sure how each individual FAA office looks at it, but some will not take an AF Checkride

and then "sign off" on it. The AF used to let

FAA designees ride along on checks to allow the A/C to get the type............not exactly sure

how they are these days........unless you are going to go fly THAT airplane for a Corp though, WHEN airlines are hiring the experience you have is enough. The only way you get ANY slack cut is if you have a TYPE rating in the aircraft you in training for, even then some companies require an entire course regardless.

Are there any guard/reserve guys out there that are actually using their type rating in the Beechjet? If so, in what context? Flying part-time charter or corporate while bumming?

I was just curious if actually having the type rating is as big of a selling point as some people make it out to be (ie worth $5000 to your future employer etc.)

Just trying to come up with some bumming ideas.

The 400XP and Beechjet is the same aircraft.One type is all you need.
Scoobs... I'm probably here where most people have given up, but can you quote the the FAR Part page and paragraph that relates to type ratings and what would qualify you for a particular one?

If not, can you site an offical FAA source that difinitavely answers the question yes or no?

Do you have any other supporting data apart from other comments you've read on this board?

If so, please site you sources.

If you can not answer any of the above questions, then don't post a comment in which you speak with authority on the subject. If you don't personnaly have the supporting data from an official source or have the "been there done that" experience, then you could be misleading someone who doesn't realize you're an 19YO kid that doesn't have a clue.

If you're not really a 19YO kid and are just trying to flip people's switches, then you're an even bigger dip.

[ 05. April 2005, 11:48: Message edited by: zrooster99 ]

Originally posted by JS:

Are there any guard/reserve guys out there that are actually using their type rating in the Beechjet? If so, in what context? Flying part-time charter or corporate while bumming?

I was just curious if actually having the type rating is as big of a selling point as some people make it out to be (ie worth $5000 to your future employer etc.)

Just trying to come up with some bumming ideas.

We have a company down here in ATL called Georgia Jets and they fly Beechjets and KA 200's. They will pay for your type after co-pilot duties, but you can jump right in easily with a type in hand. 6 of my old instructors flew the 200s and then upgraded to the Beech 400, but some dudes with types jump into the Beech left seat right at the start.

Originally posted by JS:

Cool. What kind if qualications do they look for in order to "jump into the Beech left seat right at the start?"

Just talked to a friend at Ga Jets, and he said Capt's need 3500TT and a type in the Beech. Right now they are hiring Captains internally because they have so many. Here is their web site in case you want more info Ga Jet . As far as bumming, a ton of commuters/regionals are hiring now, a lot of them only require ~1000TT and ~100-150 multi.

[ 05. April 2005, 15:26: Message edited by: c17wannabe ]

Guest comanche

SkyWest is 1000 TT,100 multi, 100 actual or sim hood

ASA & Comair 1200TT, 200 multi, I think 100 actual or sim hood

ExpressJet 600TT, 100 multi, 20 hour actual no exceptions.

Air Wisconsin 1500TT 500 multi

Mesa 1000 TT 100 multi, 100 acutal or sim

That is what I've found so far, there are some smaller ones (Great Lakes) that will hire with less.