Dobbins info

Guest jackhammer130

What's the problem JG? Don't want to be in a blind leading the blind Herc at LR? Looking at some of the other threads, it looks like the Nashville school house has a chance to be stood up by the summer. It's a long shot that we could end up there, but it beats the shit out of being back in an E.

By the way, aren't you too busy to be on here? :bash:

Does anyone know when they are closing the school house? I would rather go there than LR.

What's the problem JG? Don't want to be in a blind leading the blind Herc at LR? Looking at some of the other threads, it looks like the Nashville school house has a chance to be stood up by the summer. It's a long shot that we could end up there, but it beats the shit out of being back in an E.

By the way, aren't you too busy to be on here? :bash:

I heard that Dobbins will be open for another 4 yrs- this is not official word. The only way you are coming to Nashville is if you are Polish or Danish- as they are the first two or three classes scheduled. From what we are being told, Nashville will only train US personnel in a wartime surge or if you're going to Spec Ops.

• 1 month later...
Guest Future C130 Nav

The word from LR is that Dobbins will not be a schoolhouse anymore soon. However, saying that, another nav from my unit has Feb dates for Dobbins so I'm not sure when they'll stop teaching.

If we could find out when Dobbins is actually going to cease operations, it would greatly help those that are wanting to go there instead of LR. Anyone know for sure?

THe latest I heard was that there were no worries for at least two years. That came from one of the guys I work with who just left Dobbins and still has frequent contact with the guys at the 700 club.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

THREAD REVIVAL

The BaseOps gouge is from '07 so I was hoping someone has some recent intel. I'm a prior qual'd AC coming from a white jet, and I got a training rip for 2 months at Little Rock for "AC INITIAL UPGRADES AND REQUQAL > 5 YRS INITIAL/FORMATION", then another rip for 2 months at Dobbins for "C-130 AC UPGRADE/REQUAL (Initial + Formation)".

Anyone familiar with this arangement? Seems dumb to me to move me from one -130 FTU to another, but I assume that is because I am going to an H3 unit. At any rate, it appears I will be at Dobbins just for the tac phase. I'd like to bring my wife & 2 kids if it's possible, so if anyone has any experience or knows some one who has done anything similar, I'd appreciate the info.