White or Blue?

Guest J.R. ANG

Guest jriggoMOANG

I have my first interview on Sunday and have a questions about what to wear. I am a civilian right now and was planning a wearing a black suit. What color shirt would be better, white or blue? Just want to look my best and still have some personality. Thanks for any advice!!

Guest jriggoMOANG
Originally posted by Mambo:

(Welcome to BaseOps.net...the fashion forum.)

Yeah Yeah, I know dumb question. Sorry, I am just more nervous than I had origionally thought I guess.

The black suit is the only one I have, so I am kinda stuck with that. I was trying to add some color without looking like a clown though. I am leaning toward a blue shirt and red tie.

Guest Raccoon

Why don't you just buy a suit that you feel comfortable wearing? You will probably be nervous during the interview as it is and the last thing you need is worrying if you picked the right shirt.

Guest C-21 Pilot

Never a red tie to an interview....

Displays "power"....lesson learned from some useless college class back in the day.

Guest ericvano

That's funny, I heard always wear a red tie to an interview... Anyway, I wore a black suit, white shirt, and red tie to my OTS interview and got my pilot slot.

Honestly though, it won't matter what you wear so long as it IS a suit with a tasteful shirt and tie combination that looks professional. Be clean shaved, fresh haircut, and most importantly, be aware of the questions you may be asked. Check here for tips on your interview...probably saved my butt:

http://www.baseops.net/archive/archiveupt.html

Good luck!!

Guest JArcher00

It really depends on what color your underwear and socks are. If you are wearing depends then you might be over the age limit.

Guest samsdog

Just go to Men's Wearhouse, drop some green and you'll have some threads for this interview and that special night out afterwards at the local Olive Garden.

Guest JArcher00

You must have a good sense of humor if your are going to post your picture on this site. Especially wearing that. I forgot denim shorts were back in style.

Guest Rainman A-10

Dude, don't even wear a shirt but definitely wear a tie so they know you're serious. If you're a chick, skip the tie.

Strip that jacket off during the interview and casually show the board your "Guns". We've never turned a single person down that did that.