T-6 Cockpit

Guest F152 Pilot

Guest F152 Pilot

I was just checking out the T-6 cockpit diagram on the gouge website. I just can't figure out a couple of things about it.

First, is the speed brake lever just below the PCL lever?

2nd, what is the purpose of the lever on the rear right side just behind the avionics and light circuit breakers?

And third, what is the purpose of the dispaly containing three pictires of the airplane located on the light switch panel? Trim?

I know that they are going to tell me all of this at UPT but I have a picture of the cockpit here at my desk that I stare at all day and I just can't figure out what these things do.

[ 10. March 2006, 13:40: Message edited by: F152 Pilot ]

1: Speed Break control is operated by a switch on the PCL, no lever for it. The lever you are looking at is the Canopy Fracture handle.

2: Handle under avionics and light CBs is the Utility Handle....not quite sure what that does just yet...but i'm off to my first sim and will find out and post it if no one knows.

3: Three little planes just below the landing gear shows your Aileron, rudder and elevator trim settings and where they should be set for take off.

Guest F152 Pilot

I guess I should have clarified, but I am wondering what is the purpose of the lever directly under the PCL. It is the one located on the same panel as it, not the canopy fracture handle behind it.

(Speaking of canopy fracture handle, did any of you guys hear about the cadet who decided it would be fun to jettison the canopy while on a taxiway with an IP in a T-38?)

[ 10. March 2006, 13:53: Message edited by: F152 Pilot ]

Guest F152 Pilot

Ok, I will try one more time. The lever looks like it is actually connected to the PCL. It is not yellow and it looks like it sits just forward of the PCL when it is pulled all the way back. It is actually located on the PCL panel, in front of the canopy fracture handle. It looks like you pull it straight up. It is located in-between where the wire for the PCL comes out of the panel and where it connects to the actual lever. I hope this description clears it up a little .

Guest GIMMIE9

Its the Idle/Cut-off gate....you raise it to allow the PCL to go into the OFF position.....the other thing is not a utility handle, its a RED/WHITE utility light

[ 10. March 2006, 16:49: Message edited by: GIMMIE9 ]

Guest uniballvisionmicro

If you havent even gotten to UPT, I would worry more about living it up than the Cockpit chart. You will be spoon fed everything about it in your JPATS systems class.... hours upon hours of sheer joy. Drink a beer and get some women, worry about the firewall shutoff handle when the time comes.

Guest F152 Pilot

Thanks guys, and don't worry about me. Figuring out what those things are is about the most I have done to prepare for UPT. I just like to know what I am looking at. I will now stop thinking about the T-6 for a while and prepare my stunt liver for ASBC next week.

[ 10. March 2006, 18:18: Message edited by: F152 Pilot ]

Nice, cowboy. I have millions of little SNAP questions, (but I dont always post them), just yesterday I was asking a Viper dude what the heck The DBS-1/DBS-2 modes on the MFD's were for. All I know is that it's "Doppler Beam Sharpening Mode". So here's my question for the week- Does it just sharpen the picture when radars on ground mode. If it does do what the name implies, does it just shoot a stronger signal out, or does it suck the radar into a smaller scan to get a better picture, or can you freeze the GM picture then hit DBS? And there you go. Any other SNAPs around here, feel free to whip one out (sts). Anybody want to find me a Texan Dash-1?

Cheers,

-Stuck

Anybody want to find me a Texan Dash-1?
Definitely do not need it. Worry about Ops Lims/Bold Face if you want to worry about anything. If you really want to get ambitious you could memorize the Notes Warnings and Cautions for all the bold face, but I wouldn't.

Guest KoolKat

This thread is as retarded as I am.

If you just want to know what your looking at, a little advice...STOP looking at it.

You'll see plenty of it if your lucky.

Poon however, you'll likely see less of that during your year in UPT...use your year wisely.

BENDY

Guest nghtswmng2
Originally posted by Stuck:

just yesterday I was asking a Viper dude what the heck The DBS-1/DBS-2 modes on the MFD's were for. All I know is that it's "Doppler Beam Sharpening Mode". So here's my question for the week- Does it just sharpen the picture when radars on ground mode. If it does do what the name implies, does it just shoot a stronger signal out, or does it suck the radar into a smaller scan to get a better picture, or can you freeze the GM picture then hit DBS?

1)yes

2)not really

3)no

RadarBombing, now THATS the wave of the future!

Most likely it wont even be taught outside of academics by the time you get to Luke

Guest Xtndr50boom

mrt6bv.jpg

Bendy hit the nail on the head: Don't worry about any of that $hit right now; worry about getting laid. There's no reason in hell for you to wonder what radar beams do what for a LONG time, if ever. You're going to be flying min-punani for awhile. Live it up while you can

Grab a brew, it don't cost nothing

Guest Clemsonpilot
Originally posted by uniballvisionmicro:

If you havent even gotten to UPT, I would worry more about living it up than the Cockpit chart. You will be spoon fed everything about it in your JPATS systems class.... hours upon hours of sheer joy. Drink a beer and get some women, worry about the firewall shutoff handle when the time comes.

Amen