Tweet complete...

Guest Razor A-10

Guest pcampbell

as gay as it sounds, I'm happy it's true. I had my last two checkrides in the tweet this past week. Any advice for the T-38?

Guest pcampbell

I wasn't the only one. We had 6 dudes that checked formation and advanced contact last week. It wasn't that bad, I was freaking out after my form check. I honestly thought I had busted it. I ended up with only four downgrades, all on the lead portion. I had to send my wingman to chase 3 times to keep from going out of the area.

Advanced Contact was a breeze. I got 6 downgrades. Three of those were just because I was stupid (didn't fly the SID accurately, screwed up traffic entry at the auxiliary field, pulled to a section line on a split-s when I started 45 degrees off the section line).

Guest sickels101

Do you not do advanced contact after basic contact? It is my experience that it goes basic, advanced, instruments, formation. Is it different at other bases as I was a Vance guy.

Originally posted by SoNotToSpeak:

Do you not do advanced contact after basic contact? It is my experience that it goes basic, advanced, instruments, formation. Is it different at other bases as I was a Vance guy.

Razorback is here at Sheppard, and here we do basic contact, instruments, low-level, then its up to the Flight Commander and Scheduler as to whether we do formation or advanced contact, or both. Personally, I think its bad for the students to be flying them at the same time, and it's certainly a b*tch taking 2 checkrides in the same week. Right now, as the scheduler, I pushed my guys through the 1st block of formation, and now they are flying advanced contact and won't get back to the last 11 formation rides until they've taken the advanced contact checkride.

How many form rides do you guys have in phase II of AF UPT? Here at Whiting, we only have 9 total form rides, but we have 39 Instrument sorties, including sims. I heard that AF UPT was the other way around, tons of forms with less instruments.

Originally posted by ENJJPT IP:

Personally, I think its bad for the students to be flying them at the same time, and it's certainly a b*tch taking 2 checkrides in the same week. Right now, as the scheduler, I pushed my guys through the 1st block of formation, and now they are flying advanced contact and won't get back to the last 11 formation rides until they've taken the advanced contact checkride.

I took two checkrides in three days in T-38's. Instrument check on Wed, Form Check on Friday.

Guest pcampbell
Originally posted by pcola stud:

How many form rides do you guys have in phase II of AF UPT? Here at Whiting, we only have 9 total form rides, but we have 39 Instrument sorties, including sims. I heard that AF UPT was the other way around, tons of forms with less instruments.

Here at Sheppard we had 16 form rides, 23 inst rides, 17 inst links.

Originally posted by ghost_ttu:

Congrats Razor, now get your crap out of the flight room so someone else can fly the mighty tweet.....

Hey man, my crap is gone. Maybe if you would have stuck around Friday, you would have seen my jubilation as I gathered it.

[ 02. April 2005, 22:36: Message edited by: Razorback ]

Guest SnakeT38

For you "younger" IP's out there........used

to be we taught THOSE I sims, I just checked my

"molded, welded shut, logbook....ie. got my yob" almost 600 hours of sim time as an IP, while still flying at least twice a day, 3 days per week.