Russian Air Show Pictures

Guest C-21 Pilot

Guest Raccoon
Originally posted by STR1CK:

That couldn't have been a real russian airshow. Where are the crash photos???? Everybody knows you can't have a russian airshow without at least one crash. It sorta like NASCAR.

You are an idiot.

Awesome pictures!

Did anyone notice the picture of the Italian Frecce Tricolori? (2 pics below the BONE). They appear to be some kind of demo team, but if you look closely, the guy on the right (with respect to the pilots) is in the back seat flying, while the other two appear to be in the front... Any idea why the one guy would be flying from the back?

Originally posted by PhlashNU04:

Awesome pictures!

Did anyone notice the picture of the Italian Frecce Tricolori? (2 pics below the BONE). They appear to be some kind of demo team, but if you look closely, the guy on the right (with respect to the pilots) is in the back seat flying, while the other two appear to be in the front... Any idea why the one guy would be flying from the back?

Appear to be a demo team? They are THE Italian demo team.

As for the guy flying in the back, I think it's just the camera angle. That is the #1 jet and I think he may be back there as a safety observer..

Hoser

Guest rangerbob5

I was there. I got to meet the Su-30 pilot.

He walked up to our Herk with his flight suit zipped down to his navel, no undershirt, unshaven, and smoking a cigarette.

He gestured at our plane and muttered "you fly this?". We responded in the affirmative and he grunted, then walked off.

Guest C-21 Pilot

Ranger,

I went up to the Herk as well, heck I might have spoken w/ ya - fatass American wearing a Hook 'Em Horns Shirt and swinging some good ol 1878 fresh from the plane. I know I gave a loadmaster on the Herk some shit for not having any Friday patches on.

We didn't have our plane on display although we did a "mighty" Combat Overhead Approach into the airfield. Several locals came up with pics of us in our um...um...60-70' degree 2-G level bank turn and wanted us to sign it. How gay...

AWESOME time had by all - brought myself as the A-code and two single CP's who had a REAL GOOD time...

I'm trying to track down the author of the website to see if they had any pics of us on arrival.