Insult Sent to the Troops

PET-Shot

Found this on Fox News. A soldier in Iraq asked an online mattress company if they would sell them some floor mats so they would not have to sleep on the ground. The soldier got an insult in return.

The company surely has been getting plenty of flack for the incident so they shut down their website.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245718,00.html

[ 23. January 2007, 13:53: Message edited by: PET-Shot ]

Guest C-21 Pilot

Beaver...

I'm sure you are aware that there isn't a Sears in "harshest posts in Iraq." Being an ALO, it would seem you be more sympathetic to the cause?

BTW, let's hope some reputable company meets their needs - or at least the fvckin' Army does!! besides, it wasn't a mattress, they were asking for mats.

I wasn't talking about the Army guy asking for mats (even though they get issued genuine Thermarest inflatable pads through CIF). I was just questioning the need for an online mattress store of any kind. Do that many people really order mattresses online?

Guest Hydro130

This whole thing sounds fishy to me.

How do these guys have nothing to sleep on, but have the internet access and time to go mat shopping in this "harsh post in Iraq". Am I to understand these guys have NO sleeping gear whatsoever? And no access to a PX?

Perhaps their gear got too trashed over time, but if they are truly without adequate sleeping gear, then we should all be pissed at the Army, not at the guy with a different political viewpoint who turned down their request for a freebie.

While I certainly agree that the tone of that guy's response was completely uncalled for, the shame of all this is that he's going to burn at the stake and the supply problem within the Army that led to this will likely remain broken.

Fer cryin' out loud, if the PX doesn't stock something suitable, just buy a friggin' thermorest from REI - they ship to the Desert.

Cheers, Hydro

Guest cbire880

The quote from the email in the article makes it sound to me like they were searching for a company that ships them to APO's and then would order them. I didn't get the gist that they were asking for freebies, but the article headline definately makes you lean that way.

Guest dagoden
Originally posted by cbire880:

The quote from the email in the article makes it sound to me like they were searching for a company that ships them to APO's and then would order them. I didn't get the gist that they were asking for freebies, but the article headline definately makes you lean that way.

Fox News at its finest...