Photos from Trip to Afghanistan

Helitac

Guest SuperStallionIP
Originally posted by Rainman A-10:

A good friend of mine is the pilot member on the frat investigation over there right now. He said there are over 12,000 people at Bagram right now.

I remember when it was a big deal if we had over 3000 people IN COUNTRY.

Times have changed...

Great pics. It's funny, I have some of the exact same pictures, namely the predator with only one Hellfire and some of the Russian aircraft. I saw the WB-57 in it's shelter at OAKN, but I didn't know what it was. Thanks for the info.

Chuck, what was up with the off kilter -17 that sat at OAKN for a few weeks?

[ 30. September 2006, 19:55: Message edited by: herkbum ]

Originally posted by BigIron:

Anybody ever wonder what things would be like if we would have waited to invade Iraq and put 150,000 plus bubbas on the ground in Afghan combing the border with Pakistan? Would be interesting to see how different the world and our own country might be if that had been the case. Skinning one cat at a time, that is.

yes

by the way, great pics Helitac

[ 30. September 2006, 19:10: Message edited by: 35AoA ]

Herkbum, if you're referring to the Bagram accident -17, that's not in my department (LM). That plane very nearly became a permanent static display there!

Interesting to see the WB-57 there without its NASA titles, as they're the usual operator. But I guess the US Gov't 'owns' NASA and can appropriate their aircraft whenever they want...

I have many similar photos as well, and I've seen that Silk Air Il-76 all over the place. Except my photos aren't near as good.

[ 30. September 2006, 20:32: Message edited by: Chuck Farleston ]

Originally posted by Chuck Farleston:

AS GOOD AS IT GETS!!! LET'S SEE YOU HERC HOMOS DO THIS!!!

I'm confused, you where talking about the RAF Budda kneeling down and taking a blackhawk in the ass right?

HD

[ 01. October 2006, 00:26: Message edited by: HerkDerka ]

That is pretty gnar gnar. Can you fit anything larger than an H-58 or H-6? If you take off the rotor mast, can you fit an H-1? We can fit 8 of the Kiowas, but that goes along with the whole much-bigger-airplane thing.

Don't know anything about the kandahar turd. All the downrange stuff I've done recently has been OIF. So what was it - blown gear struts? The plane "leans" to one side to change tires, a self-jacking job type thing, maybe it got stuck?

Originally posted by Chuck Farleston:

AS GOOD AS IT GETS!!! LET'S SEE YOU HERC HOMOS DO THIS!!!

Yep, that is about as good as it gets in the Barney world. Well done. Way cooler then airdrops and landing on dirt strips. I kid.

Originally posted by Torch:

Yep, that is about as good as it gets in the Barney world. Well done. Way cooler then airdrops and landing on dirt strips.

Originally posted by Torch:

Yep, that is about as good as it gets in the Barney world. Well done. Way cooler then airdrops and landing on dirt strips. I kid.

So were you kidding, or not? :D

Just slingin some sh!t without trying to start the usual flame war. Like I've said before, I wouldn't want to be in a Barney in that environment...I've seen them on noggs and they're a big target. Props in that respect.