Running/workout/PT while at UPT

Guest joelovuola

I get the distinct impression that, when someone asks about getting to the gym, people assume the person asking is a musclehead. Not necessarily so. And I had no intentions of playing lawyer with my IPs.

Good S.A. on your part Ill. But honestly, not that this news is anything not previously stated, at UPT the #1 priority needs to be learning/not sucking (STS) in the jet. You will be able to work out, but its gonna be a struggle to "get to the gym" at times. Weekends will usually involve sleeping in and otherwise letting your brain decompress from the events of the week. If you can get in a run, or maybe some lifting, good on you, but dont expect to be a pro-athlete while you are there. Good luck!

Wheelz

Once the AF stops making UPT bases cram 30lbs of crap into a 15lb bag, maybe the timeline will allow PT.

Bad news, but packing 30lbs into 15lbs bags isn't limited to UPT,.... and having a tough time finding time during the 10-12 hour duty day to go to the gym isn't limited to UPT either.

Just a few weeks ago, I was talking with my OG as the Med Group CC called on the brick saying "heading to quarters" at about 1600. The look on his face told it all: he still had at least 3 more hours of meetings and office work to do. Not all Group Commanders are created equal.

Yes, there are a lot of folks that have lots of time to get to the gym. Many of us will not ever be a part of that group.

Kind of off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. As far as the regs for PT gear is concerned, is it allowed to wear a loose underarmour shirt with your AF pt shorts and no AF PT shirt? I could have sworn that in the uniform AFI it said the AF PTU was unregulated as far as mixing and matching uniform items.

Thanks for the help.