Cubs VS. Boston

Guest JollyFlight21

Guest Rainman A-10

My father told me it is not a sport unless you have to wear a helmet, cup and mouth guard all the time.

That makes baseball a pastime played by talented athletes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Rainman A-10:

My father told me it is not a sport unless you have to wear a helmet, cup and mouth guard all the time.

That makes baseball a pastime played by talented athletes.

SO what about boxing, basketball, rugby and I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now.

Guest waxgoblin

baseball is too slow for me, even with the steroids.

soccers cool. anybody who runs around saying soccer sucks is usually going to be a fat beer-bellied football fan who thinks theres some big competition between all the sports and so he slanders all the other sports and doesn't understand that different people have different tastes in music, religion, ladies, and yes, sports.

Yeah it is a great sport. If you can skate and still like the game try Refing. Contact USA hockey and get patched. If you get into High School refing you can do Hockey east games ( for you noobs thats a NCAA division I league)

I sometimes almost kick myself it was WHL as a ref or the USAF, I think Im happier here. It is so hard to make it to the show even as a ref.

"My hallergies make me puke! Blah, like this puuuuuuke!"

Being a ref is decent beer money as well. I was a level 1 (or whatever they call it, it's been 15 years) ref way back in high school, working mite-peewee house, and I wanted to advance but I never went further than that. Kinda wish I had.

J10B,

Were you ever a T-43 pilot at KRND? We had a pilot who used to ref the San Antonio Iguanas games.

[ 14. June 2005, 22:02: Message edited by: PAB ]

Guest hockeymv

Hockey is far and away the best sport out there. Now if only those jackasses would get a labor deal done...

"Old time hockey... like Eddie Shore"

-for all you Slapshot fans out there

PAB,

The money as you went up got better too. I was a Level 3 all thru college, I never was short beer money . I've been playing for about 12 years now, and reffed for 8. I love the game, I just hope I can keep playing all across the AF.

Anyone know if you can get back into reffing while on AD? I'm not clear on the whole 'extra' job rules.

[ 14. June 2005, 22:31: Message edited by: hockeymv ]

Guest croftfam
Originally posted by hockeymv:

Hockey is far and away the best sport out there.

Yeah, pretty sure you guys are the vocal minority on this one. Maybe not on this site, but out in the real world... yeah. Football, followed by baseball!

IMO, Hockey is by far the BEST live sport. Baseball is a good sport to keep on in the background, or watch highlight reels. Football is great either way. Soccer is awesome if you're playing...or watching in a foreign country. Aaaaaand basketball is for no talent ass clown thugs that are extremely tall.(of course there are exceptions)

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by Tweet FAIP:

SO what about boxing, basketball, rugby and I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now.

Noted, just passing along some "wisdom" given to me by my Pop. I played rugby for 11 years and I tried that on him. Nope...close but not a sport. I didn't argue with him about it and I'm pretty sure you would not have argued with him either.

He talked with my boys about sports when they were very little and he was teaching them how to shoot the guns he gave them for their birthdays. They play football, hockey and lacrosse. My wife loves having him around...

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by PAB:

These guys aren't wearing helmets...so what are you trying to say?

I'm from Minnesota. Hockey counts.

Guest croftfam

Yeah, now that's a sport that's probably the funnest to play! Played for 4 way back in high school.

Originally posted by waxgoblin:

baseball is too slow for me, even with the steroids.

soccers cool. anybody who runs around saying soccer sucks is usually going to be a fat beer-bellied football fan who thinks theres some big competition between all the sports and so he slanders all the other sports and doesn't understand that different people have different tastes in music, religion, ladies, and yes, sports.

Hey Waxgoblin...don't stereotype man.

I like all kinds of music...Hip-hop, classical, country, alternative...you name it.

I think all religions are a colossal waste of time.

I like just about any girl who weighs under 160 pounds and is willing to have sex with me.

I played college football for four years, but women's tennis is my favorite sport.

...and I still think soccer is gay.

But, if it's any consolation...I do let my little girls play soccer--just not my boys.

[ 15. June 2005, 09:56: Message edited by: B-O-double-Z ]

Guest cb03t

C5,

Are you from Westover in MA? I used to work the golf course over there and watch you guys on half mile final while I mowed the twelfth fairway, it was sweet. I could see the Pats logo and everything. I took lessons with George at BAF. Small world.

Guest kmgraham79

Demo,

You might want to switch around your second choice to the following.

Originally posted by Demo:

Here are three world's greatest sports by ME.

#1 - ICE HOCKEY

avs_fight.jpg

#2 - Indy Car

17720031058445330.jpg

#3 - SOCCER

world-cup-soccer.jpg

Hockey takes the cake by far. I played from 5 years old through college, but this past year I figured I better wait till after I get my wings just in case. Wonder if I still know how to put on all that equipment?? Ahhh UPT grad cant come soon enough (1 month 7 days, but only 4 more flights)!! Then off to the rink!! For all those out in the real AF, do most bases have places close by to play at?? And if so any leagues??

I know Tinker's got a team, and Offutt did when I left. Omaha's a great hockey town, 3 rinks, 3 adult leagues, NCAA D1 Mavericks, USHL River City Lancers, and they are getting an AHL team as well. Grand Forks fielded a team for a while, we played them a few years ago. Scott had a team, Hanscom, Hill, that's all I can think of right now.

Guest Raccoon

I started playing hockey when I was 14, played for 2 years then funds got too low so I had to quit playing (that's what sucks about this game, it's expensive). I remember one time me and my father went to one of those open hockey sessions on friday which started at midnight, and there was no one there except for us and my coach. It was the best night ever, the whole freakin rink belonged to me for 2 hours and 3 million pucks for me to practice my shots. That was the only time I got to practice with my coach 1 on 1 but man was that fun. I'm moving out of my place next week and where I'm going there is a nice skating area just one mile from my house, I can't wait to jump on the ice again.

Kmgraham79, I guess your switch is reasonable enough ;)

[ 15. June 2005, 19:12: Message edited by: Demo ]

Cycling HAS to be in the top 3 for sure. How can it not be with a guy like Lance!

"You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row."