Motorcycle at UPT

Guest Apollo

Guest Retired AF

Hey AirGuardian, lets ride over to Barber's and see the museum sometime, it's only a 4 hr ride over! I'll turn up the XM radio loud enough for you to hear it too! :D

BRING IT!! Dude, i have my R6 at Vance with me. I got a small house off base and keep it on the stands in the garage. Its easy on the wallet. . relieves stress. . hell yea. . i'd bring it. I know others in the dorms at Vance put them under the bike shelters and also cover. We have 1 other guy in my flight that didn't bring his with him. . and wished he had. .

Hey the AF pays for motorcycle weight, right? If so, buying a $3000 cruiser would pay for a good year or two of its own depreciation by doing a DITY or partial DITY, right? So I should buy a bike, right? Can you simply throw it in the back of the 'ol U-Haul?

I don't know how much you're paid per pound, but you will get paid for taking your motorcycle on a DITY. You can throw it in the back of a U-Haul, but most guys I've known with bikes (all of whom had been in more than a couple years) had trailers for them.

Also, if you're planning on feeding at the DITY trough more than once or twice, buying a trailer is prob the wtg. Otherwise, you're paying for the UHaul out of the DITY settlement and the weight of the trailer itself doesn't count toward your weight. Vice getting paid for the weight of the trailer in addition to the stuff in it.

My first move covered the cost of a nice trailer that's bigger than I need and will prob last longer than I will.