Public view of pilots

Guest Tommy

I've had the tab picked up for me a few times during lunch, and the other day an older lady came up and sat down next to me as I was finishing lunch to say thanks for all we do. Very nice. I thanked her and told her it was a pleasure to serve for such wonderful people as her.

...and I've picked up the tab for a group of PJ's on a few occasions....at the very least bought a round for them.

Guest Xtndr50boom

My fav was in San Jose. I went to a buddy's wedding (I was in service dress, the groom was in mess dress) and when we got to the hotel for the reception I barely sat down when I had two pitchers for myself and the groom.

Turns out SWA sends it's crews there to crew rest. The FO was a retired AF viper pilot, the Captain was a retired USMC Hornet pilot. And the male flight attendants had gotten more p***y in 2 years than anyone I've ever known. Even though they were prior mil, the sentiment counted and they were more than welcome at our party.

Guest twinkle toes

The best "thank you" I recieved was when 16 of us viper crew chiefs had to wait 3 hrs for our c-5 to be fixed so we could go to the sandbox. We all went to applebees for our last american meal, (not exactly the cheapest place to eat), and an old couple picked up the tab for all sixteen of us! We were all pretty appreciative

[ 10. March 2006, 08:36: Message edited by: twinkle toes ]

Guest sleepy
Originally posted by Xtndr50boom:

And the male flight attendants had gotten more p***y in 2 years than anyone I've ever known.

They're called "ball bearing stewardesses."