Creatine usage OK for FC1

Hi all, 

I did a deep dive on this forum and couldn’t find a solid answer to this question. I’m headed to Wright-Patt at the end of February for my FC1, will I have any issues with urinalysis, blood work, etc. if I am taking supplemental creatine? 

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

It is a NoGo supplement . I have taken care of critically ill soldiers in basic training that used Creatine supplements during basic. The dehydration that comes with intense training can cause kidney failure, rhabdomyolisis and death even in very young, very healthy recruits. The effects are potentially life threatening and muscle mass is not worth the risk.

Java Doc F16

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 1:01 AM, JavaDocF16 said:

It is a NoGo supplement . I have taken care of critically ill soldiers in basic training that used Creatine supplements during basic. The dehydration that comes with intense training can cause kidney failure, rhabdomyolisis and death even in very young, very healthy recruits. The effects are potentially life threatening and muscle mass is not worth the risk.

Java Doc F16

Thank you all for the info. Following up on JavaDocF16’s post, are you saying creatine supplementation should be avoided all-together or just during periods of intense training? All the studies I’ve seen have indicated it is safe and effective for standard strength training, would be curious if you have any studies with evidence to the contrary. Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, MCPRAWN said:

Thank you all for the info. Following up on JavaDocF16’s post, are you saying creatine supplementation should be avoided all-together or just during periods of intense training? All the studies I’ve seen have indicated it is safe and effective for standard strength training, would be curious if you have any studies with evidence to the contrary. Thanks in advance. 

He's saying his data is from young Army troops who were probably snorting it.  Done many a charlie round up to FOB/COPs picking up joes who overdosed on a myriad of everyday supplements.