Guard assignments

did a search and couldn't find much, but Ive had a question ponder in my mind for a couple days. 

if guard pilots stay in their allotted unit for their whole career (assuming they don't transfer to another one), are they allowed to pursue an IP assignment? has anyone ever done so? 

We have guard guys all over the place, still with their home unit, but doing X: IPs at FTU, staff in DC/Europe, going to school, working in Science and Tech land, operational test, etc. There are quite a lot of opportunities for dudes to branch out if they want to take a break from the “standard grind” at their home unit.

• Thanks 1

@Props The couple ways I’ve seen it work is through VLPAD and switching to another state’s ANG that has individual billets posted at FTU units. I’m not sure if any state ANG has UPT billets, but precedent is set for AETC/ANG relationship. You could always reach out to MS/OK/TX JFHQs (or squadron bros in those states) to see if any UPT billets exist. 

12 hours ago, brabus said:

@Props The couple ways I’ve seen it work is through VLPAD and switching to another state’s ANG that has individual billets posted at FTU units. I’m not sure if any state ANG has UPT billets, but precedent is set for AETC/ANG relationship. You could always reach out to MS/OK/TX JFHQs (or squadron bros in those states) to see if any UPT billets exist. 

Interesting, I didn’t know it worked like that. Thanks for the info man