AMLO Locations

I’m looking into my options for my 3rd assignment. I’m currently a C-17 pilot with air drop experience at Elmo and Charleston. I’m looking into life as an AMLO. Does anyone have a list of available locations for AMLO or any AMLO experience that they’d like to share?

Thanks!

Your best source of information will the Expeditionary Operations School at McGuire.  

https://www.expeditionarycenter.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3013428/the-new-future-of-air-mobility-liaison-officer-training/

Sounds like the program is evolving rapidly since I was in the EOS.  I do know that the location list is generally speaking with the Army Division HQ units, but it varies depending on deployment cycle and user requirements.  For example there was an AMLO position at Weisbaden with USAREUR, but the guy lived near Ramstein and flew with the 37th AS.  The AMLOs I knew for CENTCOM were on 1 year assignment, were assigned to CENTCOM HQ in Tampa, deployed to the 'Deid, but spent their whole year in Iraq and Syria.  They are a low density very high demand asset.  Best bet is to talk to the schoolhouse for current info.  The only constant is that you'll have to learn how to be the Army spells Joint: A-R-M-Y.

A good source to start with is the EOS Detachment 1 Director of Operations (civilian) or the commander (usually a Lt Col).  They are the AMD school house guys at Hurlburt.  It's small unit and very casual.  Should be easy to find on the global.

I finished up an AMLO assignment fairly recently.  You can look in Talent Marketplace  during the bidding window under 621 MSOS to see the majority of AMLO positions. This Squadron is located at McGuire under the CRW and EC and has ADCON over the AMLOs. This includes a few locations in Europe, the Pacific, as well as the bulk of positions that are CONUS at Army or Marine bases. There are a few positions in Europe and the Pacific that are ADCON under USAFE and PACAF.  Those positions tend to be exec heavy. I'd personally go for a 621 MSOS AMLO billet.  The positions under the MSOS vary greatly depending on unit. All AMLOs will be LZSO and DZCO trained, and perform DZ and LZ ops, frequency varying depending on unit. There's also quite a bit of work done with Army or Marine units in helping them Coordinate SAAMs, look up regs, communicate with TACC or AMD, prep cargo on occasion, and work as AMC Mobility liaisons during exercises.  Usually you'll sit in an Army or Marine G4 office, and also work with their G3s and G5s.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like more specific locations, info or experiences. I can email you at your af.mil with an AMLO 101 PowerPoint that includes locations.  I wanted to at least reply and advertise the AMLO position as a good deal for the right people. With the stand-up of the 621 MSOS, promotion rates have been better overall. They usually are looking for 3rd assignment or IPs in their MWS at least.

There is one deployment shared by the squadron in the middle east, 4 months long, and then various TDYs to support ops in Europe or exercises elsewhere.

• Like 1

https://www.expeditionarycenter.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/438550/621st-contingency-response-wing/

The 621st MSOS is comprised of Air Mobility Liaison Officers (AMLO) and Expeditionary Air Ground Liaison Elements (EAGLE) who provide air mobility expertise to Army/Marine/Special Operations units at the Regiment, Division and Corps levels.

Dispersed across 20 locations and 16 time zones, AMLOs of the 621st MSOS are fully embedded with their aligned joint units to support any exercise, deployment or contingency.

AMLO operating locations include:

Joint Base MDL, New Jersey;

Fort Drum, New York;

Fort Bragg and Camp Lejeune, North Carolina;

Fort Stewart and Fort Benning, Georgia; Fort Campbell;

Fort Carson, Colorado;

Fort Riley and Fort Leavenworth, Kansas;

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington;

Camp Pendleton, California;

Fort Hood, Fort Bliss, and Fort Sam Houston, Texas;

Grafenwohr and Wiesbaden, Germany;

Vicenza, Italy;