ACTIVE PSDM 23-54: 2024 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Recaged

Congrats to everyone-- still no RIP for UPT for me or anything in EFMP 😞

I'm assuming it's because I'm one of the younger selects at 26 y/o. MFS on 21 March though

Edited by Hawke
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, EyesOnTheSkies said:

Does it matter that the UPT training RIP shows UPT as a TDY even though it's actually a PCS?

I dont think so. I have not seen behind the veil of MPF, but I think the training RIP is just a formality to accept the training, in order for them to allow you to PCS.

For context, I was wondering the same thing last week. I submitted the training RIP as is (showing TDY) and got my PCS notification in vMPF less than 48 hours later. 

Anybody know how it works to get their dates pushed to the right? I've received UPT RIPs and vmpf notification, but we're expecting a child around the time I'm supposed to PCS and class up. I told AFPC a month ago and my commander is looking into it but so far it's all fallen on deaf ears

22 hours ago, Hawke said:

Congrats to everyone-- still no RIP for UPT for me or anything in EFMP 😞

I'm assuming it's because I'm one of the younger selects at 26 y/o. MFS on 21 March though

I'm still waiting on a UPT assignment as well. Hopefully the dates are ASAP!

Heading to IFT with the 2 April class

5 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

Anybody know how it works to get their dates pushed to the right? I've received UPT RIPs and vmpf notification, but we're expecting a child around the time I'm supposed to PCS and class up. I told AFPC a month ago and my commander is looking into it but so far it's all fallen on deaf ears

Yeah, so I received notification of assignment selection in my email and it had me go into VMPF. Once I logged in, it asked if I was okay with the currently fragged RNLTD. I said yes because I’m trying to get the show on the road. However, before you do say yes and move on to the Initial Assignment Briefing, there’s an option in there to get your RNLTD pushed to the right. There’s a form you can print or electronically send that allows you to request different dates and it then needs to be signed by your FL/CC and SQ/CC. Have you received that email? If you haven’t received the email, or didn’t see the option, I’d contact your local MPF. 

I imagine you simply need to speak to your bases assignment team at MPF to extend your RNLTD. I did that back in 2012 once and it didn't seem too threatening.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, goboldtigers said:

I just went through this yesterday. Call the STUS Squadron that pushed you the RIP. They can help you out with everything.

Hey guys, excited to be in this chat! I haven't heard much of anything. Last email I received was about if I wore contact lenses and to expect to get orders at the end of March. I'm currently 28 and have my PPL. I know they are prioritizing older individuals, but I know another guy my age that got his orders to Columbus for beginning of June. Another guy here got a date for end of may for Columbus as well, but he is 32 I think.

• Like 1

Any other CSO-Selects get their orders yet? My RNLTD is only 2 months away (03 May)! I just received mine yesterday and I'm knocking out local checklists, but are we expected to hear anything from NAS Pensacola? (Welcome letter, sponsor, etc) or are we expected to reach out? I'm trying to figure out my HHGs and if I'm expecting if I'll be in the dorms, or if I'd be off-base (only if dorms are full). And any other type of info like that. 

Edited by Wx2Flt

On 2/29/2024 at 7:28 AM, boliveraf said:

Hey guys, excited to be in this chat! I haven't heard much of anything. Last email I received was about if I wore contact lenses and to expect to get orders at the end of March. I'm currently 28 and have my PPL. I know they are prioritizing older individuals, but I know another guy my age that got his orders to Columbus for beginning of June. Another guy here got a date for end of may for Columbus as well, but he is 32 I think.

maybe send the org box an email to see what's the hold up is. I know they sent that email saying that we shouldn't expect training to be scheduled until late March, but with everyone else getting dates already(no matter the age) I would just sent them an email and check it out!

1 hour ago, Dash1isoptional said:

maybe send the org box an email to see what's the hold up is. I know they sent that email saying that we shouldn't expect training to be scheduled until late March, but with everyone else getting dates already(no matter the age) I would just sent them an email and check it out!

I think I'll do the same. This wait is killing me...

On 2/29/2024 at 1:18 PM, Wx2Flt said:

Any other CSO-Selects get their orders yet? My RNLTD is only 2 months away (03 May)! I just received mine yesterday and I'm knocking out local checklists, but are we expected to hear anything from NAS Pensacola? (Welcome letter, sponsor, etc) or are we expected to reach out? I'm trying to figure out my HHGs and if I'm expecting if I'll be in the dorms, or if I'd be off-base (only if dorms are full). And any other type of info like that. 

Yep, RNLTD mid-April here! Haven’t received anything other than the assignment RIP so we’re in the same position. Just working on getting out of dodge as quick as I can haha.

On 2/29/2024 at 11:18 AM, Wx2Flt said:

I got my orders and was able to push my PDD up so I can buy a house down there. If you’re unaccompanied you’ll be on base, but you can request to live off base. Just call the STUS# on the welcome packet.

RNLTD 3 May with classes starting in June. 

• Like 2

Does anyone have any info regarding the CSO training. Is the SERE course going to be a part of that? I know we'll be doing a portion of training at Fairchild for parachute/water survival. Curious what kind of timeline that will be and if we'll evenetually do the full SERE training 

1 hour ago, Wx2Flt said:

Does anyone have any info regarding the CSO training. Is the SERE course going to be a part of that? I know we'll be doing a portion of training at Fairchild for parachute/water survival. Curious what kind of timeline that will be and if we'll evenetually do the full SERE training 

You will do the full SERE pipeline. I think you can expect to go to water survival prior to your class start date, then the rest of SERE after you drop. When I went through PCola, we knocked out water survival and SV80 prior to starting class.