ACTIVE PSDM 23-54: 2024 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Recaged

I reached out to AFPC regarding when we can expect our date and location notifications, 

"Due to 19AF resets of training programs all training scheduling is on standby and no UPT training is expected to be added until March timeframe.  RNLTD is normally 30-45 days prior to Class Start Date. And RIP pis expected 1-2 months prior to RNLTD.  You could be scheduled anytime throughout the year.  If you have not heard anything by end of March get back to us and we’ll ask schedulers for anticipated training dates and location.  Too soon right now."

So, we might be waiting a little while. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Musicman4 said:

I reached out to AFPC regarding when we can expect our date and location notifications, 

"Due to 19AF resets of training programs all training scheduling is on standby and no UPT training is expected to be added until March timeframe.  RNLTD is normally 30-45 days prior to Class Start Date. And RIP pis expected 1-2 months prior to RNLTD.  You could be scheduled anytime throughout the year.  If you have not heard anything by end of March get back to us and we’ll ask schedulers for anticipated training dates and location.  Too soon right now."

Same for UCT? 

Wonder how this affects MFS and IFT too?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, EyesOnTheSkies said:

Does anyone know when IFT dates are expected to be released? On the PSDM it says that for IFT we will “receive a training RIP shortly after release of this PSDM.” Not sure if the delayed UPT date release applies to IFT as well

I asked AFPC this question as well, more specially if I even had to go, since I've already been and completed the full IFT syllabus. They said that was up to schedulers to decide if I did have to go back or not. If I did end up having to go back, they said it would be most likely end up being a TDY sometime this summer.  

Edited by Musicman4

6 minutes ago, Musicman4 said:

I asked AFPC this question as well, more specially if I even had to go, since I've already been and completed the full IFT syllabus. They said that was up to schedulers to decide and if I did have to go back or not. if I did end up having to go back, they said it would be most likely end up being a TDY sometime this summer.  

Do you think they will release IFT information before they start releasing UPT information? Or do you expect them to release it all around the same time?

1 minute ago, EyesOnTheSkies said:

Do you think they will release IFT information before they start releasing UPT information? Or do you expect them to release it all around the same time?

Thats a great question and I just don’t know the answer. I’ll try to poke around and see if I can get some deets from others who have gotten selected previously. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Musicman4 said:

I asked AFPC this question as well, more specially if I even had to go, since I've already been and completed the full IFT syllabus. They said that was up to schedulers to decide if I did have to go back or not. If I did end up having to go back, they said it would be most likely end up being a TDY sometime this summer.  

Are you RPA? You won't have to go again. 

Two years ago, people who did go went anywhere from March to May with UPT start dates ranging from June/July all the way into the following January.

2 hours ago, goboldtigers said:

Got an email, 22 Feb MFS date

Edit: IFT 2 April

I’d check email.  Mr. Caetano just blasted an email out about folks possibly not needing MFS.  It starts off asking if you wear contact lenses.  Reference below from a sentence pulled from the email:

”if you have had an MFS approved (not the same thing as an IFC1) you are likely to not require another MFS”  another line says if you are scheduled for something that you do not believe you need, let them know

1 hour ago, Nightmare2773 said:

I’d check email.  Mr. Caetano just blasted an email out about folks possibly not needing MFS.  It starts off asking if you wear contact lenses.  Reference below from a sentence pulled from the email:

”if you have had an MFS approved (not the same thing as an IFC1) you are likely to not require another MFS”  another line says if you are scheduled for something that you do not believe you need, let them know

I went through MFS at wright-pat years ago for RPA. I wonder if I'll have to go through it again even though I'm good on my class 1. I do wear contact lenses sometimes so I replied

10 minutes ago, Dash1isoptional said:

I went through MFS at wright-pat years ago for RPA. I wonder if I'll have to go through it again even though I'm good on my class 1. I do wear contact lenses sometimes so I replied

Not sure about the contact lenses.  I went through for RPA in ~2018 and was told I’m good.  Hoping the same for you. 

2 hours ago, Nightmare2773 said:

Yeah I saw that email too. For the life of me I can not remember if I already did MFS there or not though lol. I don't think I did. Pretty sure I went to the local AFB near my home that could do it for CSO. I know I've been to Wright-Patt for the centrifuge so I'm confusing that TDY with MFS in my memory. Where can I check to confirm?

3 hours ago, Nightmare2773 said:

Was the email only directed towards UPT selects? I personally didn't get the email, but I was selected for UCT. Do UCT selects need to go to Wright-Pat? I hear it's not needed for UCT. 

6 hours ago, Arkbird said:

Are you RPA? You won't have to go again. 

Two years ago, people who did go went anywhere from March to May with UPT start dates ranging from June/July all the way into the following January.

I am, yeah. Well that's good to know. I've been getting conflicting information from people. Logically it doesn't make sense to go back, but AFPC made it sound like there was a possibility so then I got all confuddled 😞 

16 hours ago, Wx2Flt said:

Was the email only directed towards UPT selects? I personally didn't get the email, but I was selected for UCT. Do UCT selects need to go to Wright-Pat? I hear it's not needed for UCT. 

Great question!  I’m honestly not sure.  If I were to guess, any currently rated O’s with an approved MFS does not have to go.  I only say this because I called the MFS folks and they said MFS is generally a one time thing. I could be totally out to lunch, tho. 

On another note, since the email was only sent to UPT folks, it seems as though it only applies to us.  Idk dood.  Sooo much conflicting data lol.  If you have already gone to MFS and got an MFS RIP, I’d def give Mr. Caetano a call.

18 hours ago, goboldtigers said:

Yeah I saw that email too. For the life of me I can not remember if I already did MFS there or not though lol. I don't think I did. Pretty sure I went to the local AFB near my home that could do it for CSO. I know I've been to Wright-Patt for the centrifuge so I'm confusing that TDY with MFS in my memory. Where can I check to confirm?

You can call the MFS folks and they will likely ask for your social to see if they have your MFS packet.  I think I reached them at 937-938-2647.  That’s the number I found on their website.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wx2Flt said:

Only pilot and RPA selects go to MFS.

• Like 3