ACTIVE PSDM 23-54: 2024 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Recaged

On 1/26/2024 at 11:46 AM, CLuck said:

UCT select, not sure yet if I want to take it

84 PCSM/97 AFOQT Pilot/PPL

I was offered ABM on the last board, declined for a shot at a UPT slot.

If I decline this one I'd be ineligible for the next board. Does anyone know if there are waivers for applying to the board a third time?

I'd have to look it up same as you but my understanding was only twice. 

If that's the case, speaking from experience CSO can be an excellent career field. If you have questions about it feel free to shoot me a DM

4 hours ago, cantgh said:

UPT Select. 99 Pilot/ 91 PCSM/ PPL. First time applicant! Don't forget to focus on Commanders Ranking.

Hard to focus on something someone else gives you!

Obviously you can do certain things to improve odds but kinda sucks if you just happen to be competing against some rockstars.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flyguyinthesky said:

Obviously you can do certain things to improve odds but kinda sucks if you just happen to be competing against some rockstars.

Not to mention different commanders rank differently. Some do it based on time served/seniority. Some pick favorites. Some do it based on merit.

Helps to have a healthy working relationship with your squadron commander and group commander if possible. They'll vouch for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyguyinthesky said:

I was picked up with a commander's ranking of 16/17, so I would wager that the board recognizes how subjective that metric can be. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hawke said:

I was picked up with a commander's ranking of 16/17, so I would wager that the board recognizes how subjective that metric can be. 

Only the number 1 person gets additional points for the package from what I hear. After that it doesn't matter what your commander's ranking is. I was 3/3 squadron and 5/6 wing. 

4 hours ago, Silver said:

99 AFOQT, 91 PCSM, PPL URT Select. Does anyone think they went through with the affirmative action on this board to “diversify” the applicants? 

I don't think that's what they meant by diversifying the results. Scores also aren't everything. If you didn't get the results you hoped for, it means there were other areas of your package that you were beat out in. I know guys two years ago who weren't selected at all with scores similar to yours. 

3 minutes ago, Arkbird said:

I don't think that's what they meant by diversifying the results. Scores also aren't everything. If you didn't get the results you hoped for, it means there were other areas of your package that you were beat out in. I know guys two years ago who weren't selected at all with scores similar to yours. 

I hope so. It was only a concern with some of the previous comments that popped up in the forum. This was my first one so I have got next year. Fingers crossed

5 hours ago, Silver said:

99 AFOQT, 91 PCSM, PPL URT Select. Does anyone think they went through with the affirmative action on this board to “diversify” the applicants? 

No. I think they’re looking more at leadership from different career fields and what it means

29 minutes ago, flyguyinthesky said:

Anybody know what the decline window looks like now that the release is pushed back so much?

Same as previous years I'd imagine. You get 7 days from the official public release to email afpc to decline your selection. 

30 minutes ago, flyguyinthesky said:

Anybody know what the decline window looks like now that the release is pushed back so much?

"Declinations will be processed through 7 Feb 2024.  Training slot offers to alternates will more than likely happen immediately after that date."

-From the board

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dillonberg92 said:

Anyone have any solid info about IFT? Websites, sources, trusted hearsay?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

https://www.cae.com/defense-security/what-we-do/training-centres/usaf-initial-flight-training-ift/

Know the boldface before you get there. That's all you need to know before you arrive. I'm sure reddit and other places have good tips but you only need to know the boldface and ops limits. 

Edited by Arkbird

6 hours ago, Wx2Flt said:

Officially released on AF portal! (Hyperlink now active). I'll now confirm,

I got CSO Select  .... 99 PCSM, 99 AFOQT, 14.5 flt-hrs/no PPL , Age Waiver

20240131_104441.jpg

How did you get a 99pcsm with 14.5 hours? Thats wild. Congrats man. 

• Like 1

When do you guys think they'll let us know where and when we are leaving? I did the EFMP and CDB trick but it's too early to have an assignment yet I suppose!
So doing the overanalytical investigation that we all like to do, I looked at last year's group on here and saw some people getting notified 17 days after they were notified of selection by commander. So roughly 10 days following the PSDM went public. Gotta give people their 7 days to decline assignment and alternates to get notified. Rough guess.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1