ACTIVE PSDM 23-54: 2024 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Recaged

2 hours ago, FloridaMan26 said:

Okay guys to technically the definition of middle is “the point of position at an equal distance from the sides, edges, or ends of something”, therefore with 31 days in January the middle of the month is 15 and that means the 16-31 qualify as late January. Assuming that nothing is coming out today & with only 9 duty days left in the month that leaves us with an 11.11111111111111% chance that results will come out each an every day, and 100% chance that results will come out by 31 Jan. 
🫡

Bold to assume a 0% chance of them delaying past January for any reason at all 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LeeLue said:

Well… while we wait another dang day, anyone know if they still giving out a10 slots for active duty pilots? 

Based off of the “track selects and assignment nights” thread on this site, looks like there were some recently!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LeeLue said:

Well… while we wait another dang day, anyone know if they still giving out a10 slots for active duty pilots? 

I got a buddy who just finished ENJJPT with F-16s and said while he was doing his advanced G training to 9gs (only for 16s and 35s) he ran into a few people who were being reclassed out of A-10 to F-35 due to a draw down. But it would make sense to keep the pipeline alive just to have a good distribution of experience through the platform. 

Edited by simsans
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, simsans said:

I got a buddy who just finished ENJPT with F-16s and said while he was doing his advanced G training to 9gs (only for 16s and 35s) he ran into a few people who were being reclassed out of A-10 to F-35 due to a draw down. But it would make sense to keep the pipeline alive just to have a good distribution of experience through the platform. 

Confused about that advanced G comment. 15s also regularly pull up to 9 Gs, and I assumed 22s did too

Edit: but yes, if you look at future plans for the air force, it doesn't include A-10s. You might still drop them but I doubt get a full career in them

Edited by goboldtigers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, goboldtigers said:

Confused about that advanced G comment. 15s also regularly pull up to 9 Gs, and I assumed 22s did too

Edit: but yes, if you look at future plans for the air force, it doesn't include A-10s. You might still drop them but I doubt get a full career in them

He meant his buddy was at the 'fuge and needed to complete the viper profile since that's what he got out of enjjpt. Not all assignable airframes have the same centrifuge profile requirement.

Yes, A-10s are going away. A portion of Re-cats will naturally flow to 35s, but you'd be surprised the amount of people who don't want anything to do with 5gen potato (will digress on expanding on that for brevity). I know several here who do not want fat amy as a re-cat, but they were getting out anyways so the drawdown is merely a convenient segway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

He meant his buddy was at the 'fuge and needed to complete the viper profile since that's what he got out of enjjpt.

Thank you for clearing it up. I was talking with very limited knowledge there about the G training and I was super confused when he told me about it.  Makes sense though that there is different profiles since different jets do different things. All he said was only 16s and 35s had to attend whatever he had attended. 

13 minutes ago, dillonberg92 said:

Anyone else had a smidgen of hope that they meant they were gunna post it on regular MyFSS on the 29th...meaning commander results today, or just me? emoji28.png

From what I'm seeing in that recent update, it looks like they are aiming to post to regular myFSS on the 31st and Secure by the 29th.  I think the 7 day advanced notification isn't happening this year due to the delays in staffing the PSDM placing them behind schedule on getting the results out.  I imagine there is 2nd and 3rd order effects from this such as MFS appointments not able to be met by those that received CRS not having the 30 days to submit their records and just the human factor of people having life events that might take priority over the short notice appointments. 

With all that being said, I am hoping and being overly optimistic that results come out this week and they were being "safe" with their projection of next week.  Especially since it is already in the PSDM staffing phase.  

Edited by simsans
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, simsans said:

From what I'm seeing in that recent update, it looks like they are aiming to post to regular myFSS on the 31st and Secure by the 29th.  I think the 7 day advanced notification isn't happening this year due to the delays in staffing the PSDM placing them behind schedule on getting the results out.  I imagine there is 2nd and 3rd order effects from this such as MFS appointments not able to be met by those that received CRS not having the 30 days to submit their records and just the human factor of people having life events that might take priority over the short notice appointments. 

With all that being said, I am hoping and being overly optimistic that results come out this week and they were being "safe" with their projection of next week.  Especially since it is already in the PSDM staffing phase.  

😐

2 hours ago, dillonberg92 said:

Anyone else had a smidgen of hope that they meant they were gunna post it on regular MyFSS on the 29th...meaning commander results today, or just me? emoji28.png

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

We’ll be lucky if we got notified by Thursday. If things play out like how they did last year, CCs were notified on a weds around COB. Folks were notified following day. 

18 hours ago, LeeLue said:

We’ll be lucky if we got notified by Thursday. If things play out like how they did last year, CCs were notified on a weds around COB. Folks were notified following day. 

I firmly believe they will drop it on the 29th to CC’s. Any sooner would be a treat, however they said late January, and they’ve held true to that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The reason it’s been so delayed could be because there were so many people selected, it’s taken them awhile to get everyone processed and good to go. Last year there weren’t many selects compared to previous years, so were due for a windfall. Stay positive, yall! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Curious if the VML process and deconfliction has anything to do with the delay. I’m on the VML and potentially up for a PCS and the release date for that is projected as 31 Jan. I’m sure there are others that applied in a similar situation. 

• Like 1